Support for RDL 2010 and ReportViewer 2012

Are there any plans to support RDL 2010 and Reeport Viewer 2012?
In the meantime, ReportViewer 2012 supports Microsoft Word DOC and DOCX as output formats and the results that can be generated with it are not too bad.

Nevertheless it is missing Text output.

With our product, we plan to switch to RDL 2010 later this year and then use the above mentioned ReportViewer control (as it is now officially released and available for download).

Question is: Can we expact to have Aspose rendering extensions which support this?
We want to make sure that we get something for the money we spend for the support extension this year :slight_smile:

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for contacting support. As per my understanding, you need to generate the output in Text file format ? Please share the details as it will help us in replying accordingly.

Currently, our solution uses ReportViewer 2008 as a report rendering engine.
As that one lacks support for DOC and TXT, we are using Aspose Words for SSRS to enable those output formats.

In the near future, we want to upgrade to ReportViewer 2012.
We still need DOC and TXT as output formats.
We want to use Aspose Words rendering extensions to enable that.

Hi Thomas,

As the query is related to Aspose.Words for Reporting Services, so I am moving this query to respective forum where my fellow workers taking care of this product would be in better position to answer this query.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have logged a new ticket in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-129 to investigate the support of Aspose.Words for reporting services for RDL 2010 and Report Viewer 2012. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-129) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.