We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Support for SaveAs and ConvertTo functions for OST 2013/2016

Have the SaveAs and ConvertTo functions been implemented for OST files created in OL’2013/'2016?

Have tried .ost files from various types of email accounts

Outlook.com using EAS

Generic IMAP account

Microsoft Hosted EX account

and all return either of following errors - not really consistent

{“Header CRC is not valid !”} or

{“The method or operation is not implemented.”}

One thing that I noticed that every time I try to run either of the two functions on the <[onmicrosoft.com](http://onmicrosoft.com/)> EX account - the .ost gets corrupted when I open Outlook again - have to delete it and let Outlook recreate it.

System specs - W10 Ent Ed / OL’2016 Pro Plus (.msi) / VS 2015 Ent Ed / Aspose Email 6.2.0.0 / .Net Framwork 4 Client Profile - Outlook always closed when running any test

Sample Code used to test the Convert/ToSaveTo functions

Import Aspose.Email.Outlook.PST

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim pst = PersonalStorage.FromFile(“c:\users\karl\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\cgsupport@outlook.com.ost”)

pst.ConvertTo(FileFormat.Pst)

End Sub

*** when trying the SaveTo function - I did include the output file name

Hi Karl,

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support team.

This issue is already known to us and logged as EMAILNET-35080 in our issue tracking system. This has not been implemented due to the OST structure complexity involved. We have again requested Product team’s feedback to get an update about the status of this issue and will soon share the information with you here as soon as it is available.