Support for treemap and sunburst charts

Hello,

I am currently utilizing Aspose.Words to load DOCX files and extract charts, with the intention of converting them into images. However, I have encountered an obstacle wherein treemap and sunburst charts are being transformed into blank images (a sample has been attached for reference).

I would like to inquire if there have been any recent developments regarding the support for treemap and sunburst charts in Aspose.Words. Are these particular chart types slated to be added in future updates, or are they not part of the roadmap at all?

Thanks

image.png (2.7 KB)

@tcoutinho Could you please attach your input document here for testing? Usually MS Word documents have fallback image for Treemap and Sunburst charts, so they should be rendered using this fallback image.

Thank you for your quick response.

Here is a sample DOCX file with Treemap and Sunburst charts that I am using.
Also, I attached the code we are using to convert shapes to images using aspose.words v.23.5.0

image.png (27.5 KB)
Doc1.docx (74.1 KB)

@tcoutinho
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25688

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for your assistance.

Even though I undertstand you can’t make any promisses about when this will be done, how long usually this kind of requests take? Can I expect this to be fixed in the near future?

@tcoutinho You are right, at the moment we cannot provide you any estimates. The issue is currently in the queue for analysis. Once analysis is done we will be able to provide you more information.
From what I see fallback images for the charts are there in your document and Aspose.Words uses them when render the whole document to PDF or image. So the problem is that ShapeRenderer does not use fallback images. The fix should not be too complicated.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your feedback

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-25688) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.11 update also available on NuGet.