Support for verifying PPTX file is password protected using Aspose.Slides for .NET

Hi,

I might have already created thread for this enhancement, but cannot find it now.

Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells already provide API to check if password (specified as method parameter) is the one, that file was protected with.

This is would be cool feature for Aspose.Slides as it does not preserve password-to-modify during conversion from legacy formats to OOXML formats. Please consider this scenario, app converts PPT to PPTX, makes some manipulation and then converts file back to PPT format. On the last step I need to assign password to modify. But I do not know if password that I have is the one that the original file was protected with.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I have observed your requirements and have also discussed that with our product team. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38917 has been added as new feature request in our issue tracking system to provide requested support. We may offer a something like:

bool CheckWriteProtectionPassword(string password);

The returned bool value, if True will show that the presentation has write protection and password is correct. The False will be returned otherwise. I hope the suggested implementation will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

Cool. That is exactly what I need.

Thanks.

Hi,

Do you have any update on SLIDESNET-38917?

Thanks.

@licenses,

I have observed your comments. I regret to inform that issue is still unresolved. We will share details regarding ETA soon. I request for your patience and we will share good news with you soon.

Hi.

I was promised good news :slight_smile: but there is still no ETA. Can you please add this feature. I have been waiting for it for almost 2 years.

Thanks.

@licenses

I have observed your comments. I like to share this issue is going to be resolved tentatively in by end of Q2/2019 as it involve significant implementation of many other dependent components and encryption mechanism in API. I request for your patience. We will share good news with you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38917) have been fixed in this update.