Support of ActiveX controls in Word Documents

Hello there,

I have a Word document that has some ActiveX controls on it (checkboxes), and I need to open it with Aspose.Words and replace some bookmarks with text. Unfortunately, whenever I do that, all the ActiveX checkboxes on the resulting document are transformed into images and the user can no longer check / uncheck the box. All I do is:

- Open the document
- Find the bookmark
- Replace it with the text
- document.Save

NOTE: I do NOT convert the document into PDF as metioned in some older posts. I just save it as new document.

I have bee reading similar older posts on these forums, and the answers are that ActiveX controls are not supported and that this behavior is by design. My question is if there is any plans for Aspose.Words to support rendering of ActiveX controls in documents in the future and when will that feature be available.

Regards,

Joao Maia

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We are aware of this issue. Preserving ActiveX controls is on our roadmap and will hopefully be implemented sometime next year. We will keep you informed of any developments.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4047) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(8)