How to Use "Mark as decorative" IsDecorative Property using .NET

@tahir.manzoor,

I was looking for a way to “Mark as decorative” an image inserted into a document via Aspose API to tackle an accessibility issue. This thread and especially your last reply gave me an answer, partially.

As mentioned in point #2, found an enhancement line item with key WORDSNET-21596 in the may release notes of this year (ie 21.5). But, couldn’t get an example or reference to the exact API, how to use it. It would be greatly appreciated if thats been shared.

@rgvna258

We have logged a new ticket for your requirement as WORDSNET-22397 in our issue tracking system. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on it. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@tahir.manzoor,

Appreciate your quick response with a tracking Id. Can i assume that, when this tracking ID gets to a completion, there would be an example in your offical documentation on how to insert a decorative shape in word document?

This question comes because, my actual ask was to provide an example or an API reference to mark a shape as decorative, since that was a recent enhancement came out in 21.5 release (last month). If there is a possiblity to share that earliest, i can explore myself on the solution instead of waiting for the tracking issue to be complete. Thanks!

@rgvna258

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

I’m regularly taking peek at this thread to know the Issue status. They were moving to further status in a timely manner. Kudos to the team working backgroud. Right now i see status as “Closed”, should i expect a further updates shortly?

@rgvna258

Yes, this issue has been resolved and its fix will be available in the next version of Aspose.Words i.e. 21.7. You can use Shape.IsDecorative property when Aspose.Words 21.7 is available. You will be notified via this forum thread once new version of Aspose.Words is released.

Document doc = new Document("input.docx");

Shape shape = doc.FirstSection.Body.Shapes[0];
shape.IsDecorative = true;

doc.Save("output.docx");
1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-22397) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.7 update.