Support of netcoreapp2.0

Hi

.Net Core 2.0 is now in preview, and i have do a short test with the nuget packate aspose.words 17.4.0.

After Start a Console app the firstline with Document doc = new Document(); throws already an exeption => Aspose.Words.FileCorruptedException: ‘The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded.’ + inner: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Is there any plan to support the .Net Standard 2.0 or netcoreapp 2.0?

Thanks for feedback.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently Aspose.Words does not support .NET Core Framework. However, we have plan to introduce a new product line specifically targeting .NET Core Framework. We will notify you as soon as some definite updates are available regarding the new product.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi

We have made an compatibility check of Aspose.Word dll with the .Net Portability Analyzer to the latest .Net Core 2.0.

It is interesting that there is 99.23 of the Code is compatible. Only 6 used Classes are incompatible.

AAFE0D40.PNG (11.3 KB)

336E2C41.PNG (41.6 KB)

I am wondering of your time scalling to made the library compatible. Is there any update on the time Scale?

@michaelhelfenstein

Thanks for sharing your findings. Please note there are other dependencies those need to fix but major roadblock is System.Drawing dependency in .Net Core support. We will notify you as soon as some update is available in this regard.

Thanks for you patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi @tilal.ahmad
Please let me know when .net core 2.0 is supported.
Thanks

1 Like

@nguyentoan

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid we cannot share any ETA at the moment. Our product team is working over the feature, but it is a large and complex feature. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards the feature implementation.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

@michaelhelfenstein, @nguyentoan,
The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13612) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.12 update.
Please also check the following articles: