Import and Export of the Microsoft PowerPoint XML Format in C#

Hi,

Please advise if Asose.Slides will support import and export of the Microsoft PowerPoint XML format.

PPTSample.zip (37.1 KB)

@arn951,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that at present the requested support is unavailable in Aspose.Slides. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-34007 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide the requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

My small hint:
The XML is just simple wrap of all the xml’s in the PPTX zip file… (plus imgs as Base64).
Look to me very easy… For the Aspose experts !

@arn951,

Thanks for sharing information with us. The issue has been logged already and we will share good news with you soon.

what is status on this? SLIDESNET-34007

@veni.polur,
The issue SLIDESNET-34007 is still open. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information.

Five years old issue still open?
ok, how about this one: Convert PowerPoint to XML, PPTX to XML FREE Converter or Nodejs SDK

is this something we can use?

@veni.polur,
The web page you mentioned offers conversion from PPTX to HTML and then to XML. If you need to convert presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint XML format, this solution is not suitable for you. I’ve requested information about the issue SLIDESNET-34007 from our development team. We will let you know soon.

@veni.polur,
Our developers are working on the issue SLIDESNET-34007. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information yet.

@veni.polur,
Using Aspose.Slides for .NET 24.4, you will be able to convert presentations to Powerpoint XML Presentation format as follows:

using var presentation = new Presentation("sample.pptx");
presentation.Save("output.xml", SaveFormat.Xml);

Thank you for your patience.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34007) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 24.4 (ZIP, MSI, NuGet, Cross-platform).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.