Supported features from XLS to PDF with Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf with Java

Hello.

We have a need to do a detailed feature support list for XLS to PDF transformation using Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf. I found:

Aspose.Total for Java|Documentation

but that describes XLS to PDF transformation with one line. Therefore, it is not usable as a feature list.

The list of:

is not usable either, because it describes editing capabilities. In particular, it does not describe XLS to PDF transformation capabilities.

The list of:

describes supported formulas. If all of the formulas in the given list are supported, when XLS to PDF transformation is done, that list gives the supported formulas part of supported features.

I did not probably search the supported features list of XLS to PDF transformation from the right place. Where can I find the supported feature list of XLS to PDF transformation?

Thank you for the information!

Tero

Hello Tero,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

You can use Aspose.Cells for Java to convert XLS file into PDF format. Visit the following link for more information on Converting to PDF Files.

Regarding your query on supported feature list during XLS to PDF conversion, I believe Aspose.Cells team would be in better position to answer this query, so I'm moving this thread to Aspose.Cells forum.

Hi Tino,

We shall provide you the Supported features list for XLS to PDF conversion soon for your requirement.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have added supported features in Xls2PDF conversion document, please see the document: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/converting-to-pdf-files.html
and check the Conversion Attributes table in the document for your need.

Thank you.

Hello.

Thank you for the list of supported features!

The supported features document has a column with the title of “Net Supported”. Does the same support exist for Java? For example, with some tests that I have done, I have found out that:

- Cell merging does not work, if the same rows contain both vertically merged, horizontally merged and unmerged cells. Cell data exists in wrong cell at the created PDF.
- Borders are sometimes missing from some sides.
- Row height does not force the row to be at the given height, if the row does not contain enough content to fill the reserved height. The row height in XLS to HTML output is fine, but in XLS to PDF output the row height is too small.

Hi,

Yes “Net Supported” column in the table applies true for Aspose.Cells for Java.

Could you post your template excel file and generated pdf file to point out the issues you have mentioned. We will certainly look into them.

Also, which Aspose.Cells for Java and Aspose.Pdf for Java versions you are using, kindly try the latest versions/fixes for both products.

Thank you.

Hello.

The versions we are using are 2.1.1 and 2.4.3.2 for Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf, respectively.

Attached are XLS and PDF files that show the problems with:

- newline character in header and footer
- row height
- merged cells

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template files.

I have tested and found your mentioned issues. We will look into them soon.

Your issue has been registered into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-13310. We will update when we fix the issue(s).

Thank you.

Hi,

After further investigation,<span style=“font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Arial”,“sans-serif”;”> we confirmed it is not a bug of Aspose.Cells for Java. The component just works fine and creates the .xml (intermediate file for Aspose.Pdf for Java) fine. I have conducted a test, I used the generated xml file (produced by Aspose.Cells for Java) with Aspose.Pdf for .NET version to generate the resultant pdf file. The file is fine without any issue (see the attached pdf file).

I hope Aspose.Pdf for Java team will check your issue on their end and contact you soon.

Thank you. <o:p></o:p>

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I’ve tested the scenario and I’m able to notice that the issue is occurring at Aspose.Pdf for Java end. I've logged it as PDFJAVA-13383 in our issue tracking system. We would definitely look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated with the status of correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13383) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)