Hi Aspose team

We are working on Visio file’s SVG conversion with Aspose Diagram 6.7.0
The following code is for conversion test:

Diagram d = new Diagram(“custom/input/visio/FluidPwr.vsd”);
SVGSaveOptions saveOp = new SVGSaveOptions();

for (int i = 0; i < d.getPages().getCount(); i++) {
System.out.println(d.getPages().get(i).getName());
saveOp.setPageIndex(i);
d.save(new FileOutputStream(“custom/output/visio/FluidPwr.” + (i + 1)
+ “.svg”), saveOp);
}

We found some problem in the result:
1. There are some redundant black rectangles in the result.
2. There are also some numbers rendered behind black rectangles, and they do not exist in the original Visio file.
3. Some images or icon’s position are wrong after conversion.
4. Some of the lines are turning gray, but they are black in the Visio.

I have uploaded a comparison image, the result , and the visio file.
Please check this issue, and thanks for the help.

Best,
Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for contacting support. We managed to replicate the said problems on our side. We have logged tickets in our bug tracking system as below:

DIAGRAMJAVA-50389: The black color rectangles are generated on converting a VSD to SVG
DIAGRAMJAVA-50391: The flipped images and arrows are generated on converting a VSD to SVG
DIAGRAMJAVA-50392: The lines are turning gray on converting a VSD to SVG

Your post has also been linked to these tickets. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50392, our product team has completed their analysis and come to the conclusion that it is not a bug and they won't fix it. Aspose.Diagram API mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office Visio. The lines look like gray line because the width of the lines is less than others. You may also check an output of Microsoft Office Visio.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50389 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.9.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50389, please download and use the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.8.2.0. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50389) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 16.10.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi

Thanks for your update. :slight_smile:

There is still a little problem in the result of this file with 17.11.0.
Parts of lines are disappeared in the result.
Please check this comparison image.
comparison.JPG (103.9 KB)

Hope there is little more optimization for this, thank you~

Craig

@craig.w.su,

We managed to replicate the problem of missing lines of the shape. It has been logged under the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50573 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

@craig.w.su,

The linked ticket IDs DIAGRAMJAVA-50391 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50573 have been resolved and will be included in the next version 17.12 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We will notify you once the next version is published.

@craig.w.su,

The linked ticket IDs DIAGRAMJAVA-50391 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50573 have been fixed. Please download and try the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.11.1, and then let us know how that goes into your environment.

@craig.w.su,

The fixes of linked ticket IDs DIAGRAMJAVA-50391and DIAGRAMJAVA-50573 have been included in the full version 17.12. Please download and try the latest version 17.12 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API.