We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

SVG Image Quality

hello

we have been evaluating Aspose Cell for .NET version for SVG generation for Excel chart. It’s working well for many cases, however, in some specific usecases we are facing issues with respective quality of the SVG.

Please find attached sample for example.
the PDF/Excel/Word would have similar look and feel with respective chart line (smooth curves at edges)
whereas in SVG these are not the same. Would you please let us know if we are missing any setting?

Thanks
H

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

Well, I tested your scenario/ case a bit using your template Excel file to convert the chart to SVG image format via Aspose.Cells, I can see some minor differences regarding lines and other chart objects. We think this is obvious as SVG has its own limitations. We have already improved the SVG quality a bit in new versions of the product. I would suggest you to use EMF or other image format to get good quality images for the chart.

Thank you.

SVG supports this Please see stroke-linejoin=“round” stroke-linecap=“round” Porperties available on “Path” Element.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Attribute for more documentation

Hi,

Thanks for the new SVG file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. When I render Chart (in
the template file provided by you) to SVG image format via Aspose.Cells APIs, the chart
lines are not so smooth and are not curved at edges. We need to check if we could enhance Chart to
SVG image feature further. If we follow your suggestion and set the stroke-linejoin=“round” and
stroke-linecap=“round” attributes, the lines are smooth but it misses
some grid lines in the chart’s plot area. We need to investigate and look
into it in details as well, thanks for your findings.

e.g

Sample code:

string filePath = "e:\\test2\\MyTestchart.xlsx";

//Create a workbook object from the template file
Workbook book = new Workbook(filePath);

//Convert each worksheet into svg format in a single page.
ImageOrPrintOptions imgOptions = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
imgOptions.SaveFormat = SaveFormat.SVG;

Chart chart = book.Worksheets[0].Charts[0];

chart.ToImage("e:\\test2\\out1.svg", imgOptions);

I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-43307" for your issue. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

do you have any ETA by when this can be fixed?

Thanks
H

Hi H,

Thank you for writing back.

I am afraid, the ticket (CELLSNET-43307) attached to this thread is currently pending for analysis, and is in the queue with other priority tasks. We cannot share an estimated time for fix unless we have thoroughly analyzed the presented scenario to isolate the problem cause. Please spare us little more time to sort out this problem. As soon as we receive any updates in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.

Please note, we have recorded a note for the concerned development team member to schedule this ticket for analysis at earliest possible.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.7

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Thanks you very much for the quick turnaround!

Would it work with the same code that’s provided above OR requires any property change on “ImageOrPrintOptions” ?

Thanks
H

Hi,

Well, it works fine with the sample code I used in the post: https://forum.aspose.com/t/45537
in this thread.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43307) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.