System.ApplicationException: Reference table is not repaired

We’re using Aspose.PDF 22.12.0 and getting the following error.

System.Exception: Object not found —> System.ApplicationException: Reference table is not repaired — End of inner exception stack trace — at #=zYRxVgF$EdJl9PWeZQPpZhnv2V9Tu.#=zXcM$QEQ=(#=zkc9cTjaMDfbWOww0Oky8Gq4q_RTFT5BOXw== #=z19AYD4w=, Boolean #=zZ6T5bkiEANPN) at #=zYRxVgF$EdJl9PWeZQPpZhnv2V9Tu.#=zXcM$QEQ=(#=zkc9cTjaMDfbWOww0Oky8Gq4q_RTFT5BOXw== #=z19AYD4w=) at #=zgqGhah1dgAE46Dt8kUCnKTRs2kf9Xpne0w==.#=zfmRXUu4=(Document #=zrGw8gRA=) at #=zl_gt7NJPZVQIlJoijwc6xJ5gLd3B.#=z1AuJE0M=(OptimizationOptions #=zup3hSDc=) at Aspose.Pdf.Document.OptimizeResources(OptimizationOptions strategy)

Code below:

`using (MemoryStream saveStream = new MemoryStream())
            {
                var optimizationOptions = new Aspose.Pdf.Optimization.OptimizationOptions();

optimizationOptions.ImageCompressionOptions.CompressImages = CompressImages;

if (CompressImages)
                {
                    optimizationOptions.ImageCompressionOptions.ImageQuality = ImageQuality;
                    optimizationOptions.ImageCompressionOptions.ResizeImages = ResizeImages;

if (ResizeImages)
                    {
                        optimizationOptions.ImageCompressionOptions.MaxResolution = MaxResolution;
                    }
                }

optimizationOptions.ImageCompressionOptions.Version =
                    GetCompressionVersion(ImageCompressionVersion);
                optimizationOptions.LinkDuplcateStreams = LinkDuplicateStreams;
                optimizationOptions.AllowReusePageContent = AllowReusePageContent;
                optimizationOptions.UnembedFonts = UnembedFonts;
                doc.OptimizeSize = true;
                doc.OptimizeResources(optimizationOptions);
                doc.Save(saveStream);

resultBytes = saveStream.GetBuffer();
            }`

I noticed other topics around this but they haven’t been updated or have appeared to be an issue in a long time.

The PDF I’m using can be found here

Values used:

Compress Images = True
Image Quality = 75
Resize Images = True
Max Resolution = 300
Image Compression Version = Standard
Link Duplicate Streams = True
Allow Reuse Page Content = True
Uembed Fonts = True

@jasondecisions
Thanks for writing to us - I will set the task with your file and code snippet.

@jasondecisions
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-54290

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you so much!

Hello @sergei.shibanov
I wanted to see if you have any update on PDFNET-54290.

We have Aspose.Pdf version 22.2.0 and also getting reports for the same exact error. We are able to reproduce the error using the attached file after applying a redaction to it.

REVIEWCTRL00000005.pdf (14.3 KB)

@jasondecisions
Nothing new on this issue. As soon as something comes up, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Hi @sergei.shibanov ,

Do you have any news? We got the same error.

@kngstr
So far, unfortunately, nothing new.
I wrote to the development team asking them to take the task into account. However, they work according to established priorities - when the highest priority is given to tasks with paid support, then to tasks from users who have purchased a license, and then to everyone else.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-54290) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 24.1.