System.NotSupportedException when saving to pdf/xps

Hi Andrew,

But I have two machine on which the same code fails and it’s hard to believe that these are the only two machine that have/will have these problems. This is a serious showstopper for me, because I can’t trust that applications developped with Aspose.Words will work correctly.
I know as developer that these kind of unreproducable problems are very hard to solve and rather frustrating, but do you have any other idea’s why the pdf export does not work on my machines?

Regards,
JaapWillem

Hi

Thanks for your request. As I told before I think the problem might occurs because some of your fonts is read incorrectly. If it is possible, try removing part by part all fonts from your system and install new fonts from system, where converting works fine. Following this way you can find the font which causes the problem.
Best regards,

But if I have understand you correctly only fonts that are used in the
document (in this case Times New Roman) are read and the fonts that I
have send you where fine. Windows doesn’t allow me to delete fonts, and
how can those fonts cause problems if they are not used in the
document? One thing I have noticed is that on the machines with
problems there are many more fonts installed than on the machines that
doesn’t cause problems (480 vs 210). Maybe it is because both problem
machine have Photoshop and/or Illustrator installed. Is there a limit
in how many fonts can be read? Do you have tried to test Aspose.Words
on a machine with Photoshop and/or Illustrator installed?

I have attached a list of all the fonts installed on my machine. Maybe you can spot something not supported by Aspose.Words

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Let’s try to analyze the problem using ProcessMonitor tool. Maybe this helps us somehow.
I attached ProcessMonitor tool and test application. Please try doing the following:

1. Run ProcessMonitor.
  2. Run the test application I attached.
  3. Back to the ProcessMonitor and click Ctrl+F (Filter)
  4. Add filter “Process Name” is “TestAW.exe”
  5. Save log file and attach it here.
    Best regards,

Hi,

I have attached the log file.

Best regards,
Jaap-Willem

Hi

Thank you for additional information. In the TestAW folder, the test application should create a PDF file. Did the test application create it? As I can see from log, it did. Can you open this file?
Best regards,

Hi Andrew,

Yes it created a pdf file. So did my test project by the way. However it is a 1 kb file, that only contains %PDF-1.5 and can’t be opened.

Best regards,
Jaap-Willem

Hi

Thank you for additional information. If it is possible, could you please archive all your fonts and share the archive somewhere. I will check all your fonts on my side and provide you more information. I apologize for inconvenience.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your efforts so far. Right now I’m not able to send you the fonts and I will be on vacation next two weeks. I will come back on this when I’m back in office.

Best regards,
Jaap-Willem

Hi

Thank you. I will wait for your inputs.
Best regards,