We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

System requirements

Hi,

We need to know the requirements for aspose slides for java (cpu cores, memory, etc).

We have a website in php5 (symfony2) wich executes a java-command on the console that uses ASPOSE library for Slides. Once it’s executed, the website hold still untill the ASPOSE library ends, and it returns to the user the file.

Our java application, consists in gathering several pptx in one final pptx, adding a watermark and other things to every slide.

We need to know the system requirements so that we can configure the server. unfortunatelly, we do not have the final ppts (the ones that will be merged), so we need to asume the worst scenario, lots of slides, lots of images and videos inside them.

Please, we need this information (about the requirements) ASAP, to finally decide on what kind of licence we’re going to buy.

Hi Gastón,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and like to share that the amount of memory consumption is related to presentation size, slides inside the presentation and amount of data inside slides particularly multimedia content. When you open the presentation using Aspose.Slides, it gets extracted to fill Document Object Model (DOM) of Aspose.Slides. So even and few Mbs presentation depending upon number of slides and content may take a Gb of memory when loaded using Aspose.Slides. It solemnly depends on presentation and its content that how much memory its going to consume when loaded. You may increase your Java stack size step by step with largest available and mostly data populated (especially multimedia content) presentation on your end to see which one suits better.

I hope the information shared would be helpful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,