Table Alignment issues in PDF and MSword

Hello,

We are using a couple of MS word templates appended together to create a letter .The MS word templates have some mergefields which is formatted using tables.
We need to generate this letter in Adobe or MS word dynamically based on clients choice. The problem that we are encountering is that table alignment is not consistent in pdf and word, means it showing different table alignments for columns. I really need some kind of help or advice as how to tackle this weird behaviour .

Thanks in advance
Abish.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your document here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

The attached ‘Master Template’ is the parent template . The other templates are appended to the master template.(The sub templates are merged to the parent templates, the name of mergefield matched the names of the sub templates).
When combining all these documents anf shown in pdf or MS word, both shows different alignment especially the column alignments.
Thank you

Hi

Thank you for additional information. It seems I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. I filled your template with dummy data and saved the final document as DOC and as PDF. In both cases, tables look fine. I use the latest version of Aspose.Words for testing. You can download it from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Also, if it is possible, could you please provide simple application, which will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side? At least, please attach your output DOC and PDF files.
Best regards.

I am attaching the sample output for both PDF and Word. The PDF is the way the output should look but the Word is not formatting the margins properly. Please advise…

Thank you.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Now I see the problem. It seems the problem occurs because preferred width of the tables is set in your sub templates. Please try setting 100% preferred width of the tables in your sub templates or disable this option at all. I think, this should fix the problem. Please let me know how it goes.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

We have tried disabiling the preferred width of tables in sub templates but its not helping us.We also tried setting same preferred width for tables in master & sub templates, still the alignment is not consistent for MSWord and Adobe. Is there any other work around or suggestions you want to give us ?

Thank you.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I am still unable to reproduce the same problem on my side. Could you please create simple application, which will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side? I will look if I can help you to resolve this problem.
Which version of Aspose.Words do you use? To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see file version.
Best regards.