Table and groupshape problem

i am using the attached ppt file and using the code below to access the table. however it only seems to appear as a groupshape. can you please let me know if i am doing something wrong. if not, can you please fix this bug asap as it impacts all of my use of this software.

Aspose.Slides.Presentation p = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(Server.MapPath(“test.ppt”));
Aspose.Slides.Table t = p.Slides[0].Shapes[0] as Aspose.Slides.Table;
Response.Write(t.X);

the response.write will throw a null reference error - as will t.RowsNumber

Dear Ben,

It seems the ppt has a broken structure; therefore Aspose.Slides cannot recognize the table and takes it as a group shape. If you save the presentation with different name in PowerPoint, Aspose.Slides recognizes it correctly.

I have reported it, if it is a fixable, it will be fixed as soon as possible. How did you create this presentation?

Sometime such broken presentations are created because of incremental save, so please uncheck the fast saves check box inside Tools – > Options – > Save tab in PowerPoint.

hi shakeel

i actually managed to get around the problm by saving it in powerpoint xp - the file originally was created in powerpoint xp, then saved in powerpoint 2007 in compatability mode.

if you guys can work out a fix soon, that would be great - its a bit annoying to have to change machines every time i need to save the template :slight_smile:

Fixed in Aspose.Slides 2.8.2.0