Table as Pivot Table's Data Source Problem

Hi,

We have come across this error “this name or range is not supported” when we try to call PivotTable.RefreshData() on a pivot table that refers to a table using the table’s name but in lower case.

e.g.
Table name: MAIN_TABLE
Pivot Table Range/Name: main_table

The program errors at the RefreshData() call.

Since this error states that this is not supported, we were wondering if this will be supported in future versions? It would be more user friendly if this is supported.

I have attached a demo application that refreshes a file with the case explained above.
I have also attached a file which will cause this error.

Please run the project and select the attached excel file to see message “this name or range is not supported”.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project and template file.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you have mentioned by running your project with your template file. I got the exception as you pointed out:
this name or range is not supported.”.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41561” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon. Once we have any update on it or we sort it out, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

More information about the bug mentioned. We have looked into the excel file's xml files and found that if the pivot table's data source was set using a different casing (e.g. Ciphr_Main_Table)as the casing used for the ListObject's display name (e.g. CIPHR_MAIN_TABLE), the xml file for the pivot table's cache retains the wrong casing.

If this same excel file was modified by adding a new pivot table to the same ListObject but entered the data source with the correct casing (e.g. CIPHR_MAIN_TABLE), the pivot table's data source text gets corrected by excel to match the first pivot table's casing (Ciphr_Main_Table).

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.2.4 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for providing the fix. We have been testing pivot tables using the v7.4.2.4; pivot table’s now seems to update correctly without errors when the casing is different.

Thanks

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved now. If you face any other issue, please feel free to post on our forums. We will be glad to help you.

Thanks

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41561) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.