We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Table border is rendered incorrectly in output PDF using C#

Hello,

I am publishing a document to Word and PDF. In Word, the
inner and outer borders are published fine. However, in PDF, the outer
border is lost, and only the inner border is retained. Please see the
screenshot for more details.

Is this expected behavior for PDF files, or is there a workaround to keep the outer borders?

The PDF is created from a Word document like follows:

wordDocument = wordDocument.Clone();
var pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions {JpegQuality = 100};
wordDocument.Save(writer, pdfSaveOptions);

Screenshot:

Hi David,

Thanks for using our products.

rwdtech:

The PDF is created from a Word document like follows:

As your request is related to Aspose.Words, I am moving your request in Aspose.Words forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Words component team will answer you shortly.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi David,

Thank you for inquiry. First off, please try to use the latest version at your end and see if it resolves your issue. If it still doesn't resolve your issue then please share input document for further investigation.

Hello,

After upgrading from the 11.0 to the 11.2 version of Aspose.Words. I’m seeing the same results in PDF output.

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing the information. It would be great, If you share your document for investigation purposes.

Hello,

Here is the Word document we used to create the PDF (shortened to only show the table), and here is the resultant PDF. You can see in the output that the Red border is gone in the PDF output, but still present in the Word output. This is the issue we are trying to resolve.

We are converting the Word document to PDF using the following code:

wordDocument = wordDocument.Clone();
var pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions {JpegQuality = 100};
wordDocument.Save(writer, pdfSaveOptions);
Please let me know if this is a limitation with PDF output, or an issue with our conversion.
Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.2.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system as WORDSNET-6155. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the quick update.