Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Table borders disapear during .docx => .pdf conversion

Hi,
i convert a “.docx” to a “.pdf” and table borders disappear. I join a test case.

I got priority support system.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />Hi

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

As a workaround, you can try open/save your document using MS Word and then save it in PDF format using Aspose.Words.

Best regards,

Hi,

We have priority support, the workaround isn’t a solution for us since those documents are generated on a web server. Please provide a fix ASAP.

Regards,
Dimitri

Hello Dimitri,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. Priority of this issue was already increased. We will keep you informed on any developments regarding this problem.

Best regards,

Hi,

It’s been 4 months now ! I wonder what kind of support customers that don’t ahve priority support have !

Could you please give feedback regarding this issue ?

Hello

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. We have worked hard for the past two months and two days ago we come out the release with almost 170 improvements and fixes for our customers. You can check detail here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/entry297255.aspx

And we keep working. We just do not have free hands to fix all issues right now. You will be notifies as soon as this issue is resolved. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,

Hi Dimitri,

There are two issues in this document.

1. Lost Borders

Table borders diappear in the small table in the footer and also in the bigger table on the 3rd page. The reason for this is that the border specified on the table is an inside border, but then the cells have explicitly top, left, bottom and right borders set to none/0/auto.

Normally, the cell borders override the table borders and that's what Aspose.Words does in this case. MS Word seems to act differently here. It just means Aspose.Words does not fully implement all tricks of the MS Word algorithm for resolving table borders yet.

The fact that this combination in this file is "conflicting" can be confirmed when you just open/save this document in MS Word it removes the explicitly set none/0/auto borders on the cell and that document can be rendered well by Aspose.Words. You can use this as a workaround.

We have this issue (improving the handling of inside borders in conflicting situations) on our feature list, but it has not yet been scheduled into work. Such documents altough annoying to customers occur quite rarely. Unfortunately there is no quick fix because the "mainstream" behavior when cell borders override table borders is correct for majority of the documents.

2. Thinner Borders

If you use the workaround I suggested above (resave the document in MS Word), then you will see that the table in the footer gets the correct border. But the table on the 3rd page gets a border that is thinner than in the original document when saved to PDF.

This is caused by the fact that this table has cell spacing greater than zero.

Aspose.Words does not support cell spacing in layout and rendering at the moment. This can cause layout differences and visual differences with borders like in your case.

Supporting cell spacing in layout is in our feature list. But it is not yet scheduled into work. Cell spacing is used quite rarely in tables and therefore not at the top of our task list yet.

Summary

When these issues are fixed, you will get a notification automatically from this forum, but they have not been scheduled into work yet.

Hi Dimitri,

Some good news here.

We managed to find out the intricasies of undocumented MS Word behavior when processing table cells in documents like yours and we managed to fix this in the code.

The borders are now working great. Your documents are looking great. It will all be released end of May.

In the meantime we will review all the remaining issues that you reported.

Hi Roman,

This is great news, thank you.
We’re looking forward for the new release.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 22315) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.