We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Table Column Reordering

Is there an easy way to re-order entire table column wise?

Hi Abhradeep,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great if you please share some more detail about your query.

If you want to sort table’s data by columns, Aspose.Words does not support this feature. However, we had already logged this feature as WORDSNET-6022 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

What I was trying to do is suppose I have a table like

A | B | C | D in this fashion where A,B,C,D are the columns of the table. Now I want to change the table column order

B | C | A | D So I am changing the position of the columns A,B,C. Do you have any utility to do this?

Hi Abhradeep,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Please note that a table in MS Word is a set of independent rows. Each row has a set of cells independent on cells of other rows. So there is no logical “column” in a MS Word’s table. “The 1st column” is something like “a set of the 1st cells of each row in a table”.

There is no APIs to work with table’s columns. However, you can work with columns using the workaround shared in following documentation link. Hope this helps you.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/Working+with+Columns