Table exported from ppt to aspose

When rdl reports are exported using powerpoint .pptx file, the table is exported as a separate line that is hard to change in powerpoint. How can we export as a table instead of individual lines and text?

Hi Steven,

Have you tried Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.6.0 on your end. Please try using the specified version and if there is still an issue then please share the source RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source. Please also share the generated PPTX and PDF of the same table for reference.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

We have Aspose.Slides installed in an enterprise environment so upgrading to a new release is difficult unless we have rationale to do so. Do you know if one of your other customers had a similar requirement that was met by upgrading? Was there recent updates made to application that might have changed the behavior of the application in our favor? Any info you can provide would be helpful in me driving the upgrade. Thanks!

Hi Steven,

I have attached the sample presentation with table that has been exported by using one of customer’s RDL file. You can see from the presentation that the table from RDL has actually been exported as table in Aspose.Slides. Is this is what you are looking for?

If you may need to confirm some thing else then please share the sample RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source and generated presentation for reference. Please also share the intended presentation for further investigation as well. I will try my best to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

This is great info and what I was looking for. I've reviewed the release notes for all releases between 4.3 to 4.6 and didn't see any documented changes that would have altered how Aspose.Slides handle table objects. Was a change made behind the scenes or could it be just how the reports are developed (our reports are architected differently than the customers report, therefore, the tables are handled differently)? I'm concerened that the behavior changed without really knowing why.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Hi Steven,

The issue has been resolved back in May 2012. Please observe issue SLIDESREP-14728 in the release notes of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.2.0. We have shared the notification with customers in this. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

We are currently at Version 4.3 and it doesn’t behave in this fashion. I assume SLIDESREP-14728 is incorporated in this later version as well. Could it be just how our reports are designed?

Hi Steven,

I am not sure whether report designing has some thing related to it. I would recommend you to please give a try to latest version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.6.0 on your end. I have shared the RDL file and generated presentations for your kind reference. You can view the RDL file for your reference in terms of report designing. The report uses standard Adventure Works 2008 as data source.

Many Thanks,