Table in PDF does not match document

I am using the evaluation version of Aspose.Words to convert a .docx file to .pdf. Most of the document looks very good but it seems there are some differences when using a table. In the attached example you can see there are some differences in the table starting on page 2…

1. The header is not repeating on a page break like it is in the .docx file.

2. The word “Hours” in the header is being crunched and split into 2 rows

3. The spacing between the rows of the table is not quite right causing a large gap at the bottom of the page

Is there any option or setting that I can use to get tables like this as close as possible to the original document? Below is my code I am using to convert…

import com.aspose.words.*;

import java.util.Date;

import java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit;

class WordToPDF {

public static void main(String[] args) {

String WordDir;

Date start = new Date();

WordDir = “C:\Users\jgodsey\Documents\WordToPDF\”;

System.out.println(“Converting…”);

try {

Document wordDoc = new Document(WordDir + “invoice.docx”);

PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();

options.setJpegQuality(100);

wordDoc.save(WordDir + “test.pdf”, options);

} catch (Exception e)

{

System.err.println("Caught IOException: " + e.getMessage());

}

Date end = new Date();

System.out.println(“Done!”);

System.out.println("Total time in seconds: " + TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS.toSeconds(end.getTime() - start.getTime()));

}

}

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same
issues at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged these
problems in our issue tracking system as follow:

WORDSNET-12443 : Table header does not render correctly in output Pdf (The word “Hours” in the header is being crunched and split into 2 rows)
WORDSNET-12442 : Table header does not repeat in output Pdf(The header is not repeating on a page break like it is in the .docx file)

I
have linked this forum thread to the same issues and you will be
notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

RippeJeff:

3. The spacing between the rows of the table is not quite right causing a large gap at the bottom of the page

I have not found the 3rd issue while using latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 15.8.0. I have attached the output document with this post for your kind reference. I suggest you please request a free 30-day trial license from here:

I appreciate the help on the first two issues and look forward to them being resolved.

On the third issue regarding the table spacing, I disagree that it isn’t a problem. If you look at the Word document there is a small amount of padding between the rows in the table, this is not coming across in the PDF. In your non-evaluation version more the data is displaying, but it would still be preferable to have the original padding intact. A small thing but it would go a long way for our clients.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12448. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12448) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12442) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12443) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.