Table of Contents Section adding to an existing PDF?

I have a PDF file that I would like to add a page with a Table of Contents Section on it. I can’t seem to make a Pdf object as part of the Pdf Generator namespace from an existing Pdf. The docs seem to show creating a new Pdf from scratch. I would like to “Load” a Pdf and then Save it back once the new page/section with the TOC has been added. Thanks so much!

Hello Christopher.

Thanks for using our products.

Please note that Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace provides the capability to create PDF documents from scratch. However if you need to work/manipulate the exiting PDF documents, please try using Document class present under Aspose.Pdf namespace or try using classes present under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace.

Now concerning to your requirement of adding TOC in existing PDF document, I am afraid this feature is currently not supported. For the sake of correction, we already have logged this requirement as PDFNEWNET-33864 in our issue tracking system. Our development team is working on implementing this feature and as soon as we have made significant progress towards its implementation, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

As a workaround, you may consider creating TOC manually where you can insert a blank page inside PDF document and create local hyperlinks directing towards specific pages inside the PDF document. In this approach the problem is that you need to manually get the page number information where you would like to point the hyperlink. Please visit the following links for further details on

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33864) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.