Table Of Contents (TOC) fields?

I have a project that requires me to generate and use TOC Fields, and be able to generate a PDF from the result, without human intervention. I know the FAQ states that feature is being worked on in hopes it will be out early 2009. Is there any time estimate that you can give me, so I can try and plan my project accordingly?

Does Aspose.Words support Table Of Contents (TOC) fields?
There are several aspects of TOC fields. Aspose.Words support some, but not others.

• Aspose.Words does not calculate TOC fields. That means if you have a TOC field in a document and use Aspose.Words to add or remove content, then quite possibly, the TOC field will no longer be up to date (incorrect page numbers) when you save the document. To see the correct TOC, the user will need to update fields in Microsoft Word when he opens the document (Select All, press F9).
  • Aspose.Words preserves existing TOC fields in documents.
  • Aspose.Words can insert a TOC field, but it will be an “empty” TOC that can be “populated” by Microsoft Word only.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Aspose.Words still does not support updating TOC fields. Currently we are working on Fields Calculation Engine, which will allow us to update some of fields. Hopefully this feature will be supported somewhere in the end of this year. But I cannot promise you anything at this stage.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 126) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10380) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(7)