We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Table went right over footer

We use aspose PDF flawlessly for PDF generation but had a strange anomaly on one document created.

It had a table that clearly wouldn’t fit at the end of a page. Instead of sending the table to the next page, Aspose went ahead and put the table on the same page, right on top of the footer. I can’t understand why this would happen.

Version is 4.1.2.0

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

I think you might have set the value of IsBroken property of Table class to False. However, can you please try using the latest release version 4.7.0 (available over this link) and see if it can resolve your problem.

In case the issue still persists, please share the code snippet so that we can test the scenario at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you for your response. We do not have the IsBroken set to anything. I assume the default is true, correct?

Really desperate for some help here. I’ve tried adding isbroken = true to no avail.

Extremely frustrating. It’s chopping off half the table and running right over the footer.

Hi,

Can you please share the code snippet so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

We updated to 4.7.0 just to see if it would fix the issue. Now everything is broken and I’m getting object reference not to set…errors.

Just great.

I’m going to temper my response here but this is about the worst experience I’ve had with any vendor over the past 5 years.

We have reverted back to 4.1.2 from a backup since 4.7 appears to be extremely buggy. If anyone is thinking about updating to 4.7, be aware, your existing code will NOT work as written. We had tons of errors.

It wasn’t just replace the DLL to the new one and move along.

Needless to say, we continue to have the same issue with the tables not breaking onto the next page. They are literally going right over the footer and being cut off.

We continue to be able to recreate the error in certain circumstances. It’s certainly inconsistent.

I don’t even think this has anything to do with the footer. In the latest one we’ve seen the table literally went ALL the way to the bottom of the page and literally cut off text which makes no sense. It ignored the IsBroken and it ignored the fact that we obviously have a page margin (of course).

Hi,

As I have requested earlier, please share the code snippet/sample project so that we can replicated this issue at our end. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

There have been many changes in the product till the version 4.7.0 along with many fixes to the issues reported earlier, since the version you have mentioned in your first post. And I am afraid without testing the scenario, I might not be able to share the exact reason of this problem.

I’m not really authorized to share code. Even if I did, I’m not sure it would help. It’s hard to replicate but it DOES happen.

Is there a log that says specifically what issues where corrected in 4.7.0?
Is there a document that says how to migrate to 4.7.0.

We tried 4.7.0 and got all kind of errors regarding Fonts. We corrected those and then we got Object Reference (object reference not set to an instance of an object) error at the PDF.save line. We’re not interested in rewriting all of our code. Why would these errors be happening?

So any additional help you can offer or are we at an impasse?

I just don’t want to wait for a response if none is coming?