Tablix with embedded gauges not rendering correctly

I’m using v3.4 Aspose.Slides evaluation to test with some reports. I have a tablix in one report with gauges embedded in cells in one column. The tablix isn’t rendering very sharply, ie. gaps between cells and figures disappearing to the right. But the main problem is the gauges are completely mis-aligned and appear hidden behind the tablix. The same report exported in any other format (pdf, excel, word, TIFF) looks fine. I have attached the 2007 ppt export and the same report as pdf export to illustrate.

Exporting a tablix from ssrs 2008 to powerpoint using v3.4 aspose.slides isn't doing what it says below.

"Tables and matrices from the report are exported as “normal” Microsoft PowerPoint tables, not as hundreds of absolutely positioned rectangles with textframes."

I get hundreds of absolutely positioned rectangles, lines, textframes etc. ????

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue specified by you. The difference in rendering between different formats is identifiable. However, we still need to reproduce and investigate the issue and for that if you can please share your RDL file along with the data source with us.

We are sorry for the inconvenience,

I’ve attached a copy of the rdl but I can’t share the data source as this is commercially sensitive. I’m sure you will be able to replicate the issue just using the attached rdl.

Hi Mark,

I have tried to generate preview of the RDL file provided by you and it failed to load as data source is missing. In order to verify the issue specified by you the data source is needed. I can suggest you to replicate the sample report on some open source database like Adventure Works and share with us. We really want to help you and this is the alternate way out.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I have recreated the issue in a very simple report based on the 2008 Adventure Works cube. I still get the same problems as described in my earlier posts so I don't think there is anything wrong with the reports themselves. The attached zip file contains the BIDS solution along with example outputs in different formats.

Hope this helps you get to a solution.

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, I am unable to execute and verify the RDL file sent by you. I am encountering error while generating report preview. Please, check the things on your end. For reference, I have also attached the error message.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I have checked and it all works fine here. Have you set the datasource? There is a shared datasource in the project “AdventureWorksDW2008.rds” which connects to the “Adventure Works DW 2008” analysis services database.

Hi Mark,

I am sorry for your inconvenience.

I will be grateful, if you can please recheck the things on your end. If you please have a look at the image that I sent to you, the error that is coming seems to be a syntax error with some entry “Ship Date”. But there is no such entry in the report. I think I am setting the path right; otherwise, I would have received data source missing error.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Can’t find anything wrong with the syntax, all works fine here. Anyway, I’ve created a new version with a simple excel spreadsheet as the datasource with the simplest query I can think of, you’ll just have to modify the file path appropriately. I still get the same issues.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your support. I have been able to verify the problem specified by you. An issue with issue ID 14889 has been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the problem. This thread has also been associated wiith the issue, so that you may be notified automatically, once the issue is resolved.

We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

I was wondering whether this issue has been fixed yet. I have a similar problem when trying to render small embedded jpg's in a reporting services tablix. I've tested the TIFF output and it looks perfect however the PPT output shows the images over lapping other cells and figures.

Is there anything specific I need to do to a cell which contains an image?

Kindest regards,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I have verified from my issue tracking system. I regret to inform you that the issue is still not resolved. As soon as issue is resolved, I will be more than happy to share with you.

Thanks Mudassir, I appreciate the update.

Sorry, just to add to this, it appears that cell padding is also not being rendered correctly.

Is this another known issue? Again, this is something which works fine when export to a TIFF.

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

You have mentioned issue of cell padding. It has not been reported so far in our issue tracking system. Please share the RDL file along with the data source, so that I may reproduce the issue on my end and add that in our issue tracking system for resolution.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

I've attached a zip file containing the RDL, Data file, PowerPoint output and TIFF output.

I have been experiencing the following problems:

• borders not rendering correctly (properties set as dotted line yet being rendered as a solid line)
  • border thickness is not consistent
  • cell padding not being reflected in the PowerPoint output
  • Images/objects not appearing in the correct place. The 3 graphs visible on this example belong within a rectangle (as seen on the TIFF)
  • Images with a table/matrix appear to overlap neighboring cells

My company is extremely interested in buying this product however at the moment the outputs simply do not comply with the standards expected by our customers.

Kindest regards,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I have been able to observe the issues of cell padding and border rendering as specified by you and it seems to be an issue with Aspose.Slides for RS. An issue with ID 17159 has been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue. The thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for this. Is it possible to get an ETA on the fix?

Kindest regards,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I regret to inform you that the issue has just been added to our issue tracking system. As soon as our development team will resolve the issue and a fix is available, we will share that with you. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you any ETA at this point of time.

Thanks and Regards,