We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Tagging slides with unique values

Is it possible to tag individual slides with unique value and be able to get() the values using Aspose.Slide for Java?

Hi Jide,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides offers ISlide.getSlideID() method that return the unique slide ID. Additionally, ISlide.setName() method is also available to set the custom ID or name to slide that can be retrieved using ISlide.getName() method. I hope this will be helpful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for getting back to me Mudassir. I will look at the options you suggested. I’ve always thought that the getSlideID() method just gets you the slide position but nothing else. I was looking for something close to a tag that exist even if a slide is moved or copied to another presentation, I found that the getTags() method fits my purpose for now. I will give the setName() method a look later on.

Many thanks

Hi Jide,

Please try out the options on your end and share with us if there is any further help that is needed in this regard.

Many Thanks,