Template Data is Shown in Chart | Create Chart by LINQ Reporting using .NET

Hello,

I have used linq engine to generate word pie chart using template. After generating the final file it has populated the pie chart with the values passed in c# but when i right click and select edit data/edit data in excel it shows temlate data in excel file, plz see the screenshot below:

image.png (34.0 KB)

@jnkompelli

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output Word file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Well it has nothing to do with my code so to make it very easy for you to check i have attached the sample template and output file provided by aspose only in the solution “Aspose.Words-for-.NET-master”

So following is the c# code from the sample:

class PieChart
{
    public static void Run()
    {
        // ExStart:PieChart
        // The path to the documents directory.
        string dataDir = RunExamples.GetDataDir_LINQ(); 
        string fileName = "PieChart.docx";
        // Load the template document.
        Document doc = new Document(dataDir + fileName);

// Create a Reporting Engine.
        ReportingEngine engine = new ReportingEngine();

// Execute the build report.
        engine.BuildReport(doc, Common.GetManagers(), "managers");

dataDir = dataDir + RunExamples.GetOutputFilePath(fileName);

// Save the finished document to disk.
        doc.Save(dataDir);
        // ExEnd:PieChart
        Console.WriteLine("\nPie chart template document is populated with the data about managers.\nFile saved at " + dataDir);

}
}

Now the main point here is when you open the output file and right click on the chart and select “Edit data” the excel pops up to edit the data but here it shows template data along with linq for axis. So thats not the desired output, how will the end user update a chart data.

I have attached a screenshot of the edit data excel which appeared after clicking on the output chart as well.

piechart.zip (87.7 KB)

Regards,
Jatin

@jnkompelli

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20629 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

HI Tahir,

When would this be fixed ?

Regards,
Jatin

@jnkompelli

You issue WORDSNET-20629 is related to missing feature WORDSNET-18468 (Add feature to modify/remove chart’s series data). After the availability of this feature, we will work over your issue. Currently, your issue has been postponed. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on it. We apologize for your inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Modify or remove chart’s series data