We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Temporary License for Aspose.Pdf

Thanks for the temporary licenses
I am trying to incorporate them into my app. I am using this code:

Aspose.Words.License lic = new Aspose.Words.License();
lic.SetLicense("Aspose.Words.lic");
Aspose.Pdf.License lic1 = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
lic1.SetLicense("Aspose.Pdf.lic");

I have Words V10.3.0.0 and PDF V6.0.0.0. I am using features formerly in PDF.Kit so I need 6.0.0.0.

The Words license works but I get a “cannot find license ‘Aspose.Pdf.lic’” with the Pdf license. I have added both as embedded resources.

Please help,

Hi Kent,

Thanks for using our products.

Recently we have discovered that Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.0.0 is causing some issues when using license file as an embedded resource. For the sake of correction, we already have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-29307 in our issue tracking system. We have made significant progress towards its resolution and have been able to figure out the actual cause of this problem. We hope to include its HotFix in next release version which is expected to be released within this month. Please be patient and spare us little time. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Is there a work-around until this issue is fixed? When do you expect to release the fix?

Thanks.

Hi Kent,

Thanks for your patience.

We are planning to release the product in a day or two. As soon as the version becomes available, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please spare us little time. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29307) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

We still get an exception when using the license file as an embedded resource:
Cannot find license 'Aspose.Pdf.lic'.

Though with Aspose.pdf for .NET 6.1, copying the license file to an output folder works, but that will expose the license file to others.

Hi Kent,

When
using Aspose.Pdf for .NET, please try using following code lines to use
the license file as an embedded resource. In case you still face any
problem, please feel free to contact.

[C#]

// create a Pdf license object
Aspose.Pdf.License lic = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
// specify the license file name along with Default namespace of application
lic.SetLicense(“MergedAPI.Aspose.Total.lic”);
// set the value to indicate that license will be embedded in the application
lic.Embedded = true;

Where MergedAPI is the default Namespace of my project (Right Click Solution in Solution Explorer and
select Properties. You will see the page with Default Namespace information
)