Text appearing in the form of text boxes - unable to edit the word document report

Hi,

When i generate a word document report using words for reporting services, textual contents are printed in the form of text boxes. Hence iam not even able to perform basic edit operations - add a new paragraph, insert page breaks etc.

Can you please help me

Thanks,
Sri

Yes, please try the following configuration option for the corresponding rendering extension in the rsreportserver.config file:

Flow

This feature is in beta and will be fully supported in the forthcoming Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 2.0. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks a lot DmitryV.
The solution which you gave worked and now text is flowing inside the word document and we are able to edit the document without any issues.
Now we have almost decided to buy your product. Someone from my team will be contacting your sales personnel shortly.
I have a few other questions.
1. When will version 2.0 be released ?
2. Are there any other known limitations/bugs in the current version. If so, we can keep our users informed about it.
Regards,
Sri

Sri,

The version 2.0 will be available on Monday. There are no limitations in the current version; however, the conversion from positioned layout to flow layout is a quite complex thing and some complicated reports may introduce some drawbacks when exported in this mode. But this is not a problem; just feel free to report any issues you might encounter and I will try to fix them shortly.

Thanks.