Text format and spacing changes in DOCX format but in doc it comes fine

Hi,
We have a Aspose Total license.
When we do DOC to HTML, the styles applied correctly. But when I did the same from DOCX to HTML the styles failed apply.
The style differences are, font style and line spacing b/w paragraphs, bullet list etc…
I am attaching the Docx version of the document.

– Sumit

Hi

Thanks for your request.

1. Font is changed from Calibri to times New Roman during conversion. This is the issue #5313 in our defect database.

2. Paragraph “Spacing after” is lost during conversion. This is the issue #6102 in our defect database.

I will notify you as soon as these issues are resolved.

Best regards.

Hi

Do you have an ETA for the resolution of these two issues?

Thanks

Luke

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your request. These issues are unresolved yet. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any reliable estimate regarding them. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks).

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 5313;6102) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(41)

Hello,

I still see the conversion issue, specially the line spacing.
The doc version of the same document(.docx) works fine. I have attached the docx version of the document.

thanks,
Karthik

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested your document using Aspose.Words 9.2 and regarding line spacing and font,the generated HTML looks as it should compared with the original DOCX file.

I also tried saving the document as.doc format and exporting that to HTML which yielded the same output.

Could you please clarify what version of Aspose.Words you are using?

Thanks,

Hello Adam,

how do I check the aspose.word package version?

thanks,
Karthik

Hello

Thanks for your request. To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.

Best regards,

Hi,

No, I am using Aspose for Java.

Karthik

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thank you for this additonal information. Our apologises as my and Andrey’s advice was both for .NET.

Regarding Java, I quickly checked and the document appears to export correctly in the same manner. It appears this issue was fixed in version 8.0 for.NET so most likely this fix was released in the 4.0 Beta version of Aspose Words for Java.

Could you please check which version of Aspose.Words for Java you are using. To check this please follow these steps.

1. Locate the Aspose.Words.jar library file which is included in your project
  2. Temporarily change the file extension to .zip and open it using WinZip or a similar application.
  3. In the application viewing the files inside the .zip, navigate to the META-INF folder.
  4. Locate the MANIFEST.MF file and open it using a text editor.
  5. Check the first few paragraphs for the version information.

For example the first block of text from the Java version file will look like this:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Specification-Title: Aspose.Words for Java

Implementation-Title: Aspose.Words for Java

Specification-Version: 4.0.2.0

Implementation-Version: 4.0.2.0

Specification-Vendor: Aspose Pty Ltd

Implementation-Vendor: Aspose Pty Ltd

The lines highlighted in yellow show which version you are using.

Thanks,

Hi,

thanks, I see

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Specification-Title: Aspose.Words for Java

Implementation-Title: Aspose.Words for Java

Specification-Version: 4.0.2.0

Implementation-Version: 4.0.2.0

Specification-Vendor: Aspose Pty Ltd

Implementation-Vendor: Aspose Pty Ltd

Copyright: Copyright 2003-2010 Aspose Pty Ltd

And also I am using the jar Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar

Karthik

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for clarifying that. It appears you are using the same version as I am. I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side though.

Could you please attach your template document and output HTML file here. It would be helpful if you could also post the code you are using and prehapes a screen shot of the issue occuring in your document.

Thanks,

Hi,

Attached the docx and html formats of the document

Code:-

SystemProperties sysProp = SystemProperties.getInstance();

asposeLicense = new FileInputStream(sysProp.getProperties()
.getProperty("INSTALL_DIR")
+ sysProp.getProperties().getProperty("aspose.license"));
License license = new License();
license.setLicense(asposeLicense);

Document document = new Document(savedFilePath);
SaveOptions docOptions = document.getSaveOptions();

docOptions.setHtmlExportAllowNegativeLeftIndent(true);
docOptions.setHtmlExportXhtmlTransitional(true);
docOptions.setHtmlExportDocumentProperties(false);
docOptions.setHtmlExportScaleImageToShapeSize(true);
docOptions.setHtmlExportCssStyleSheetType(CssStyleSheetType.INLINE);
docOptions.setHtmlExportMetafileAsRaster(true);
docOptions.setHtmlExportHeadersFooters(true);

docOptions.setHtmlExportTextInputFormFieldAsText(true);
document.setSaveOptions(docOptions);
document.setShadeFormData(false);
document.save(htmlDocPath, SaveFormat.HTML);

thanks,
Karthik

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for this additional information.

I have managed to reproduce the issue on my side. Please note this issue does not occur with the .NET version of Aspose.Words. Currently the.NET and Java versions of Aspose.Words are being syncronized. Once complete almost all functionality from the .NET version will be avaliable in Java. This means most likely that in the next Java version this issue will be fixed automatically by this process. The release is due sometime late August. We will keep you informed of any developments.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Karthik

Has there been any progress on this?

Thanks

Kamal

Hi Karthikeyan,

Due to the complexities of code porting the release date for the next version of Aspose.Words for Java was pushed back a few times. Please see the entires in the blog here for details regarding how the porting is going.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19007) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.