Text in covered cell is selectable text on output

The text behind the text in Cell B1 (the unseen text from A1) is what is actually selected when selecting text on output.

1. Open the attached file

2. Convert to PDF

3. In a .pdf editor select the text that looks like “You look for the fresh prints”

4. Paste the text somewhere- for instance a markup

5. Notice the text pastes as “find Will Smith in the snow?”

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for investigation and for a fix.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45338 - Text in covered cell is selectable text on output pdf

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please open your Excel file in Microsoft Excel and save it to Pdf, you will find the same issue as you have described. So, it is not a bug of Aspose.Cells because Aspose.Cells works same as Microsoft Excel.

I have attached the output Pdf generated by Microsoft Excel 2016 for your reference.

Indeed MS to PDF is failing but Acrobat conversion is getting this right. How are they able to do that?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

We understand Microsoft Excel converting Excel file to Pdf.

But I am afraid, I do not understand what you mean by “Acrobat conversion is getting this right”. Please elaborate it. Thank you and have a good day.

Adobe acrobat office conversion plugin- I am using this as well as Office’s conversion for comparison. In some cases Aspose is better than the office to pdf conversion (for some graphics) so often times the best comparative is Acrobat’s office conversion- which on average gives me the best results.

Hi,

Thanks for your clarifications and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, we only support the rendering of Excel to Pdf as per Microsoft Excel Print Preview. If the exported Pdf matches with Microsoft Excel Print Preview (or exported Pdf by Microsoft Excel), we take it as correct and do not consider it as a bug.