Text not rearranged after ReplaceText

When I call the ReplaceText method from the PdfContentEditor the text in a paragraph is not re-arranged after the replacement is made. If the replacing text is smaller than the size of the place holder I am left with an empty space. If the replacing text is longer than the place holder, there is a text overlap. Moreover the font is also changed.

Any ideas?

Hello Usman,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I have tested both the scenario and I am able to notice the same problems. For the sake of correction, I have logged this issue as PDFNEWNET-29224 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of these problems and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

However in order to specify a certain font size, font face, color and other formatting information, please try using TextFragment.TextState.ForegroundColor, TextFragment.TextState.Font and TextFragment.TextState.FontSize properties. For more information, please visit Replace Text in All Pages of a PDF Document

In case you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Nayyer,

Any ETA on this? This is a very basic function, but seems like a common problem.

We are considering buying ASPOSE, but will definitely not if this is not fixed ASAP due to project deadlines.

Thanks,
Marten

2 weeks on… no updates.

Is this the type of support service we are to expect from aspose? wow.

Hello Marten,

First of all please accept our humble apologies for replying you so late.

Now concerning to issue PDFNEWNET-29224, Text replace is one of the major features offered by Aspose.Pdf for .NET. In fact v6.0.0 is our first merged release version which provides the combined features to create and manipulate existing PDF documents. Prior to this release, we had two separate products for documentation creation (pre Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.x) and manipulation (Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET). I think the issue might have occurred due to products merge or there might be some other reasons. However our development team is working hard to get this issue fixed ASAP. Meanwhile I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. As soon as I have the required information, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time. Once again, we are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Nayyer,

It has been 2 weeks again. Any updates? Any ETA? Is there a beta version we can use?

Would appreciate your prompt response.

Regards,
Marten

Hello Marten,

Our development team is working hard to get this issue fixed but I am afraid its not yet completely resolved. In fact we need to reconsider/enhance our current text replace algorithm and it’s a bit time consuming activity. Nevertheless I am in coordination with the development team and have again requested them to share the ETA regarding its resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Any further updates?

Hi Marten,

I’m sorry to share with you that this issue is not yet resolved. Due to the complexity of the issue, it is taking longer for the resolution. Please spare us some more time and you’ll be updated via this forum thread as soon as the issue is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Is there an update to the status of this? The problem I am having is similar in nature. I replace a place holder “@Contact Name@” with the value of “FirstName LastName”, but all the letters in First are stacked up on top of each other. Seems the first call to replace works, but all subsequent calls are having an odd stacking issue. The PDF I am opening and running the replace on was built in MS Office 2010.

If I re-bind the PDF and save it in between ReplaceText calls then everything works correctly.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-29224) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience. In reference to above stated fix of PDFNEWNET-29224, we have improved some features in text replacement and now text fragments being adjusted automatically after replacement. Please download and try latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, it will help you to resolve the issue.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,