We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Text which has blue color in word should be retained in the pdf when word is converted to pdf

Hi,

we are using aspose words 13.6.0.0 for converting word to pdf. we found data loss issues(Blue color of text is not preserved in the PDF) when word is converted to pdf. Please find the
attached files and screenshots.

Thanks & Regards,

Thirumurthy R

Hi Thirumurthy,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.6.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-8619. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi Thirumurthy,

Thanks for being patient. Our development team has completed the analysis of your issue (WORDSNET-8619) and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you're observing in Aspose.Words is actually not a bug. So, we will most likely close this issue as 'Not a Bug'.

The reason why hidden text is visible is that your document has display option to show hidden text. This is independent of "show control marks". You can access this option in Microsoft Word 2013 through File->Options->Display->Always show this formatting marks on the screen->Hidden text. There is also an explicit option "Print hidden text" right below under the "Printing options". So, the hidden text is displayed because of the view option set in Microsoft Word. This option is not part of the document. In order to make hidden text invisible again, please remove this option in Microsoft Word. Unfortunately, you can't currently control the behaviour of this option using Aspose.Words. We will expose this option in the public API in the coming releases.

Best regards,

Hi Thirumurthy,

It is to inform you that we have also exposed a public property in latest version of Aspose.Words to be able to get or set indication if text marked hidden in the document is rendered or not. Please see LayoutOptions.IsShowHiddenText Property.

Best regards,