Textbox link is lost after re-saving DOCX using .NET

Hi,
I have the attached test .docx document. This document contains two text boxes. I linked the textboxes so when typing text in the first it overflows to the next text box.
We open this document with Aspose.Words (11.2) and only save it.
If I open the document saved with Aspose.Words all text has moved to the first textbox and the link between the textboxes is severed.
The code I use is as simple as it gets:

Dim objAsposeDoc As New Aspose.Words.Document("c:\temp\LinkedTextboxes aspose problem.docx")
objAsposeDoc.Save("c:\temp\asposeddoc.docx")

The source document still has linked text boxes, but the asposeddoc.docx is broken.
Note: It works if the document is in .doc format, but we don’t want to keep saving .docx documents in .doc format.
Regards,
Robert Wielink
Sr. Software Engineer
Infoland BV

Hi Robert,

Please accept my apology for late response. I have managed to reproduce the same problem at my end. I have logged this issue in our issue tracking system and you will be updated via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologies for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6147) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

I’m having this same problem with version 11.9. Is it possible that this issue has re-surfaced?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir, thanks for responding.

I’ve done a little bit more experimenting and attached three documents (all created in Microsoft Word 2010) and their output (converted) documents when saved through the Aspose Document Explorer.

‘Linked text boxes.docx’ contains two linked text boxes and works correctly. ‘Grouped linked text boxes.docx’ is the same document but with the text boxes grouped and it doesn’t work. ‘Complicated document.docx’ is the one I’m really interested in and I can’t get it to work no matter what I do.

Feel free to contact me at the email address in my profile if you want to speak directly.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sharing the details. I have managed to reproduce the same issues at my side. I have logged these issues as WORDSNET-7399 and WORDSNET-7400 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issues and you will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved.

WORDSNET-7399 : Linked group text boxes
WORDSNET-7400 : Linked text boxes without grouped (Complicated document).

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7399;WORDSNET-7400) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.