TextBox rotate, how to set Word flag "do not rotate text"

Hello,
I create a docx Document via Document Builder and I would like to insert a TextBox rotated of 180 grade and I would like that the text inside follow the textBox. In Word this is possible setting Shape rotation to 180 and using flag “Do not rotate text” to false as in image below
Rotation.PNG (46.0 KB)

I found Aspose API to set rotation but I cannot find the corresponding to “Do not rotate text”.

I found all other “Text Options” in class com.aspose.words.TextBox, but not this one.

Where I can find it? Or is there a different way to gain the same effect?
Thank you.

@renato.mauro,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and upload your input Word document and expected Word document (DOCX file) showing the desired output here for testing. Please create this expected document by using MS Word. We will then investigate the structure of your expected document as to how you want your final output be generated like. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hello Awais,
thank you for your reply. I attach the expected docx file zipped as you requested.Doc.zip (11.5 KB)

I created it with Microsoft Word 2013

Best regards.

@renato.mauro,

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17081. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@renato.mauro,

Are you trying to insert a VML Shape using the public constructor of the “Shape” class? VML shapes do not rotate with text by default. However, DML shapes behave by default in the way like you expect. So, you can insert DML shape by using the following code:

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

// This method inserts DML shape in the model.   
Shape txbx = builder.InsertShape(ShapeType.TextBox, 60, 22);
txbx.FirstParagraph.AppendChild(new Run(doc, "ABCDE"));
txbx.Rotation = 180;

OoxmlSaveOptions so = new OoxmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Docx);
so.Compliance = OoxmlCompliance.Iso29500_2008_Transitional;

doc.Save("D:\\Temp\\18.6.docx", so);

We will keep you posted on further updates.

Thank you Awais,
I tried your last solution and worked fine with version 18.6, but seems it is not working for previous version, is it correct?

@renato.mauro,

I am afraid, we had not tested it with previous versions of Aspose.Words. In this case, please use the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 18.6.

If you are satisfied with above solution then we will close WORDSNET-17081. Please let us know if this solution is acceptable for you?

P.S. Please note that we do not provide support for older versions of Aspose.Words. We do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose.Words either. All fixes and new features are always added into new versions of Aspose.Words.

Hello Awais,
we were evaluating the possibility to use the version 18.6, but at the moment we had discarded the idea due to issue WORDSJAVA-1820. If this one could be solved, we will be happy to use new version 18.6 (and consider closed also WORDSNET-17081), otherwise we have to remain on previous 18.3.
Thank you for support.

@renato.mauro,

We recently introduced DocumentBuilder.InsertShape method in Aspose.Words for .NET 18.6 (please see Aspose.Words for .NET 18.6 release notes). So, you will have to upgrade to 18.6 version to be able to use this workaround.

@renato.mauro,

If you are satisfied with the above solution then we will close WORDSNET-17081. Please let us know if this solution is acceptable for you?

Hello Awais,
yes the solution is acceptable for us, WORDSNET-17081 can be closed.
Best regards

@renato.mauro,

Thanks for your feedback. Please let us know anytime you have any further queries.