We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Textboxes overflow page

Hi,

I have textboxes dynamically filled with text. If there is too much text, the textbox runs over the page, as in the attachment. Is there an easy way to put this content in another textbox on the next page?

I’ve tried using tables instead, and the textboxes are actually nested in another table. But I can’t get it to be formatted like a textbox. I’ve also tried manually counting the characters in the textbox, and creating a new one when it’s over a certain number. This works, but doesn’t handle newlines, or if the textbox starts further down the page.

Ideally, I’m looking for something like
row.RowFormat.AllowBreakAcrossPages = true;
but for textboxes. But I’m happy with any help.

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behaviour as MS Word does. If you repeat the same scenario using MS Word, you will get the same output. You are facing the expected behavior of Aspose.Words. In your case, I suggest you please replace the textbox with table (containing only one cell) and insert the contents inside table. In this case, you need to set the Table.TextWrapping as Around. Hope this helps you.

If you still face problem, please share your input and expected output document here for our reference. We will then provide you more information about your query along with code.