TextInfo seems to be ignored on a Text when IsHtmlTagSupported is true

Hi,

TextInfo seems to be ignored on a Text when IsHtmlTagSupported is true. Here is an example :

Text text = new Text(“hello”);
text.IsHtmlTagSupported = true;
text.TextInfo = new TextInfo();
text.TextInfo.FontName = “Verdana”;

The text is bolded, but the font name is not verdana.

It was working with 6.4 version but now that we upgraded to 6.7, it doesn’t seem to work.

Can you help me?

Hi Guillaume,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the code sample.

I am able to generate your mentioned issue after an initial test. For rectification, your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33299. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any update against your issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Support,

I have the same issue. Below test method generates some unexpected formatting (result attached).

public static void Test()
{
var pdf = new Pdf();
var section = pdf.Sections.Add();

section.Paragraphs.Add(new Text(section, "IsHtmlTagSupported = true") { IsHtmlTagSupported = true, TextInfo = { FontName = "Arial", FontSize = 7f } });

section.Paragraphs.Add(new Text(section, "IsHtmlTagSupported = false") { TextInfo = { FontName = "Arial", FontSize = 7f } });

pdf.Save(@"C:\temp\test.pdf");
}

Thanks to let me know when there is a fix available as I'm holding off an upgrade from version 3.6 to version 6.7 due to this issue.

Mikael

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for sharing the source code and resultant PDF document with us to show the issue. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved via this forum thread.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Support,

Can you provide me with an estimate of when PDFNEWNET-33299 will be resolved? I need to feed this information back to my client.

Regards

Mikael

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for your patience.

Our development team is working hard to get this issue fixed but I am afraid its not yet completely resolved. However I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. As soon as I get required information, I will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi there, any update on the ETA?

Hi Mikael,

Thank you for your patience.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused due to this issue. However, I would like to share with you that we are discussing and investigating this issue at our end. I am afraid, we are unable to provide the fix immediately, nevertheless, our team is trying to provide the fix the earliest possible. Please spare us some time, so we could provide some estimate for the availability of the fix.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Mikael,

Thank you for your patience.

I am very pleased to inform you that the issue is resolved by the development team and this issue will be a part of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.9 (to be released in April as per our monthly release plan) after following the complete testing and release cycle. Please be patient and we will notify you once the version is available for download.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Support, I just installed version 6.9 and the the TextInfo formatting properties are still ignored when I set IsHtmlTagSupported = true, with above posted sample code in post 363123 I can generate the exact same issue.

Hi Guillaume,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please use text.UseTextInfoStyle = true; in your code to apply the text info style. Please feel free to contact support in case you face any issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thanks it works perfect!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33299) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.7.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.