The arabic fonts are not rendered after converting docx to pdf using customer fonts

HI,

What I’m doing? Tying to convert docx to pdf file with below configuration of fonts.

I have following 3 fonts folder and also setting the fonts folder in the same order as below.
a)albany
b)liberation
c)customer.

The Arabic Fonts.docx file has following fonts “Aldhabi”, “Andalus”, “Arabic Typesetting”, “Sakkal Majalla”, “Simplified Arabic”, “Segoe UI”, “Urdu Typesetting”, “Traditional Arabic”.

Tested environment: java version “1.7.0_72” and OS linux6 64bit.
Tested with latest Aspose word version 15.7.0 as well.

The generated files has following issues.

Issue 1:Remove the Simplified Arabic.ttf file from customer folder and run the sample program.

Result:Aldhabi,Arabic Typesetting and Urdu Typesetting text is missing in pdf file(without_simplified_arabic_configureSystemAndCustomerFontLocation.pdf)

Why Aldhabi,Arabic Typesetting and Urdu Typesetting text is missing in pdf?

Issue 2:Run the sample program with Simplified Arabic.ttf file in customer folder.

Result: Except Simplified Arabic text everything is displayed in generated pdf file(with_simplified_arabic_configureSystemAndCustomerFontLocation.pdf).

Why the Simplified Arabic text is missing in pdf file?

Issue 3:Run sample program without liberation font folder.

Result: Everything is displayed in generated pdf file(without _liberation_configureSystemAndCustomerFontLocation.pdf)

Why after removing the liberation font folder everything is displayed in pdf?
It easy to reproduce and attached all required ttf files and sample program to reproduce this issue.Copy ALBANW**.7z to albany folder.
Thanks,
Raju Srinivasan.

Hi Raju,

Thanks for your inquiry.

*oraspose:

Issue 1:Remove the Simplified Arabic.ttf file from customer folder and run the sample program.*

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12250. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I am working over remaining issues and will reply you asap.

Hi Raju,

Thanks for your inquiry.

*oraspose:

Issue 2:Run the sample program with Simplified Arabic.ttf file in customer folder.*

I have tested this scenario and have not found this issue while using Aspose.Words for Java 15.7.0. Please use Aspose.Words for Java 15.7.0 and let us know if you still face any issue.

*oraspose:

Issue 3:Run sample program without liberation font folder.*

Your document does not contain text with font ‘Liberation Sans’. This is the reason you are not getting font missing issue.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi
The issue 2 very much reproducible with Java 15.7.0.

Issue 3:I don’t have 'Liberation Sans" in my document that is correct…but my question is if i remove the liberation fonts folder all Arabic listed fonts is displayed,so what is that relation between liberation fonts and Albany fonts?

Thanks,
Raju Srinivasan

Hi Raju,

Thanks for your inquiry. Regarding issue 2, please check the attached Pdf document generated at my side. The whole text is not missing. However, text is not rendering correctly. For the sake of
correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12257. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.
We apologize for your inconvenience.

Regarding issue 3, please read about ‘How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts’ from here:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/using-truetype-fonts/