The border style of merged cells is incorrect when exporting HTML

When exporting HTML, the border style of merged cells is incorrect. You can see on excel that the merged cells of d3:j3 have no right border, but through the exported HTML, there is a right border.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“D:\aspose\EPPR-54018\EPPR-54018.xlsx”); workbook.save(“D:\aspose\EPPR-54018\EPPR-54018.html”);

image.png (23.2 KB)
image.png (35.9 KB)

EPPR-54018.zip (10.0 KB)

@xhaixia,

Thanks for the template file and screenshots.

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template XLSX file to HTML via Aspose.Cells for Java API. I found in the exported HTML, there is a right border. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-44739” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@xhaixia,

We evaluated your issue further. We found it is not an issue with the Aspose.Cells for Java API, so it won’t be fixed.

If you manually save it to HTML in MS Excel, you will get the same result. While saving to HTML, some features (e.g., formatting) may be lost. Actually Cell “D3” has right border, Cell “J3” doesn’t have right border. In MS Excel, for merged area “D3:J3”, the borders are combined. However, in the output html, it might be impossible to combine borders without breaking source data.