The content is lost after save one vsdx file to another vsdx file

I have some problems when I try to save one vsd or vsdx file to another vsdx file by the Aspose.Diagram library. Also I have a problem when I try to add an image to vsdx file by the Aspose.Diagram library and after that save changes to another vsdx file.

Please, see the attached project Aspose.Diagram.IncorrectFileExamples.zip (904.0 KB).

1. The original VSD file ‘PB Transaction Prozess ab Kaufpreiszahlung.vsd’ can’t be properly saved to ‘test_vsd_visio_to_another_visio.vsdx’ and to ‘test_vsd_visio_to_pdf.pdf’ files. The some content parts are lost in the new files after save operation.
  2. The original VSDX file ‘PB Transaction Prozess ab Kaufpreiszahlung.vsdx’ that was converted from vsd file by Microsoft Office Visio can’t be properly saved to ‘test_vsdx_visio_to_another_visio.vsdx’ but can be saved to pdf without problem (see ‘test_vsdx_visio_to_pdf.pdf’ file).
  3. The original VSDX file ‘test_visio.vsdx’ can’t be properly saved to ‘test_visio_with_token_replacement.vsdx’ after image replacing but can be saved to pdf without problem (see ‘test_visio_with_token_replacement_to_pdf.pdf’ file).

@uladzimirhryhoryeu,

We have tested your scenarios with the latest Hotfix version 17.9.1 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API and logged tickets in our bug tracking as follows:

File name: PB Transaction Prozess ab Kaufpreiszahlung.vsd
Output files: OutputFiles.zip (263.0 KB)
Screenshots: Screenshots.zip (80.6 KB)
DIAGRAMNET-51369: VSD to PDF - misplaced text items at the bottom
DIAGRAMNET-51370: VSD to VSDX - misplaced text items at the bottom

File name: PB Transaction Prozess ab Kaufpreiszahlung.vsdx
Output VSDX: OutputVSDX.zip (138.4 KB)
Screenshot: AdditionalTextItems.png (9.6 KB)

DIAGRAMNET-51371: VSDX to VSDX - additional text items are added

File name: test_visio.vsdx
Output VSDX: OutputVSDX.zip (107.7 KB)
Screenshot: LogoNotVisible.png (61.8 KB)
DIAGRAMNET-51372: VSDX to VSDX - the logo image is not visible

We have linked your post to these tickets and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

I also have another example of a malfunctioning of your library. Please, see the attachment archive Files.zip (125.6 KB) with original vsdx file ‘Organigramm_Kongresse.vsdx’, the saved as vsdx file ‘Organigramm_Kongresse_saved.vsdx’ and also the saved as pdf file ‘Organigramm_Kongresse_pdf.pdf’.

@uladzimirhryhoryeu,

We have tested your source VSDX drawing with the latest version 17.10 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API and the output drawings look fine. Please download and try the latest version 17.10 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API, and let us know how that goes into your environment. These are the output drawings: Output17.10.zip (77.3 KB)

@imran.rafique it does not work for me. I’ve updated the Aspose.Diagram for .NET library in my project to the latest version (17.10) and tested my source files with this library. The same problems still exist. I also see that the status of some tickets (DIAGRAMNET-51369, DIAGRAMNET-51371) is resolved. Does the latest version of the Aspose.Diagram for .NET library contain fixes for these problems? I’ve also tested my old examples with the latest version of the library and nothing has changed. Please see my test project for example (Aspose.Diagram.zip (631.1 KB):

1. The original VSDX file ‘Organigramm_Kongresse.vsdx’ can’t be properly saved to ‘test_visio_output_1.vsdx’.
    example1.PNG (102.2 KB)
  2. The original VSDX file ‘Output17.10.vsdx’ (that you attached in the last comment) can’t be properly saved to ‘test_visio_output_2.vsdx’.
    example2.PNG (91.1 KB)
  3. The original VSDX file ‘test_visio.vsdx’ can’t be properly saved to ‘test_visio_output_3.vsdx’.
    example3.PNG (141.0 KB)

@uladzimirhryhoryeu,

It is because the Aspose license is not applied to the Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. You can get a 30 day temporary license from the purchase portal and its option is available in step 5. A temporary license is a time-restricted full license that lets you test every aspect of a product before buying it. The evaluation version has a limitation to not add more than 10 shapes. Please refer to this help topic: Evaluation Limitations of Aspose.Diagram API

The linked ticket IDs DIAGRAMNET-51369 and DIAGRAMNET-51371 have been resolved. Please download and try the latest version 17.10 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.10.

@imran.rafique

Thanks for the explanation. I’ve tested my source files with the latest version of the aspose diagram for .Net (17.10) and the trial license for this library and now everything looks better but still there are some unsolved problems. What is the status of the issue DIAGRAMNET-51372? Because there is still a problem with displaying images on vsdx files created by the Aspose.Diagram library. And the main question: How quickly you can fix all the remaining problems? Because we have only 30 day temporary license. But we would like to see a fully working version of your library before placing an order.

@uladzimirhryhoryeu,

In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51372, our product team has completed their analysis and come to the conclusion that it is not a bug. If we add the logo image qualisoft_logo.jpg (159.1 KB) in the Visio drawing manually with the Microsoft Visio application, and then after saving to VSDX format, we can also replicate this issue. However, if we use other JPG files, the output VSDX file is fine. Please note, Aspose.Diagram API mimics the behavior of Microsoft Visio application.

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51370 is pending and not resolved yet. Our product team will investigate as per their development schedules. We will notify you once it is fixed.

@uladzimirhryhoryeu,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51370 has been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version 17.11 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We will notify you once the next version is published.

@uladzimirhryhoryeu,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51370 has been fixed. Please download and try the latest Hotfix version 17.10.1 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API, and let us know how that goes into your environment.

@uladzimirhryhoryeu,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51370 has been included in the full version 17.11, please download and try the latest version 17.11 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.