Free Support Forum - aspose.com

The custom report item type BarCode is not installed

I’m still trying to evaluate this product and now I get this error when I try to add it to a report.
Bill

Dear Bill,

I am sorry for the inconvenience but I am affraid that I don't quite understand your problem. Can you please provide more details about the issue. It would be helpfull if you could list the steps that we should follow to reproduce the error. Also you might also consider providing us with the source code that has this problems.

Thanks.

Hi Bill,

Are you evaluating version v1.1.0.0? There is a ConfigTool.exe in the [INSTALL_PAT]\Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services\Tools\ folder, could you please try to use this kit to complete the necessary configuration and try again?

Thanks

I ran this and it’s a bit confusing. First of all, should this be installed on the SQL Server where RS is installed or on the computer where .NET is installed? If installing on the SQL RS Server there isn’t a VS Preview Policy Config file or VS Design Config and if it’s installed on the .NET computer there isn’t a Server Policy Config or Report Server Config.
I have ran it on my .NET computer and I then add the control to the toolbar from c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies. When I drag the control from the toolbar to my report is when I get the error.

Hi bbrennenstuhl,

Sorry but I am not very clear with your question.

In most scenario, when we are going to develop a SQL RS Server application, we use the "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio" -- it should have been installed during the installation of the MS SQL Server and which is integrated with the Visual Studio 8, that is, after the installation of the "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio", the two files: RSPreviewPolicy.config and RSReportDesigner.config will be in the [Programs]\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies folder so that you will able to develop your own RS Servers.