The initial of comment with chinese can�t be displayed correctly after converted to PDF Format

Word2013 export to pdf displayed perfect

Hi Yi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document and PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I have found the reason of this bug.

I decompiled assembly’s code and spend some hours to trace code execution.(The assembly of aspose.words’s is confused, so it’s very hard to read)
I found that aspose.words use “Times New Roman” for comment’s prefix and initial when converting word to pdf.This font is not support chinese.Changing the font family to “宋体” can fix this bug.

Hi Yi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words requires true types fonts installed on your machine for correct rendering to PDF. Please check this article:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+Aspose.Words+Uses+True+Type+Fonts

Secondly, did you manage to fix the issue on your side or are you still in need of assistance?

Best regards,

According to the artical you recommended, I try to set

Aspose.Words.Fonts.FontSettings.DefaultFontName = “宋体”;
but it is no effect.

code:
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(“zh-Hans”);
Aspose.Words.Fonts.FontSettings.DefaultFontName = “宋体”;
var doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(“xxx.docx”);
doc.Save(“xxx.pdf”);

I upload a docx file with chinese commet.

Hi Yi,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11778. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11778) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.