The License Is Not Valid For This Product - PDF

Hello, I'm getting an error with my license for Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint. The error says, "The License Is Not Valid For This Product." I have verified that the license has not expired and nothing appears wrong with the .lic file. The instructions I was given to make this work are:

INSTALLATION:
1. Run stsadm to add the solution to the SharePoint solution store:
stsadm.exe -o addsolution -filename Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License.wsp
2. Deploy the solution to all servers in the farm:
stsadm.exe -o deploysolution -name Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License.wsp -immediate -force
3. Execute administrative timer jobs to complete the deployment immediately
stsadm.exe -o execadmsvcjobs

Then:

Put this code into the solution.

Aspose.Pdf.License PDFLic = new Aspose.Pdf.License();

PDFLic.SetLicense(@"D:\ACH\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.lic");

I did not have any issue deploying the SharePoint License solution and have verified that it is active and deployed globally.

I'm concerned about the location of the license. The path in the SetLicense statement is the path to where I saved the .lic file given to us. Is that okay?

During my troubleshooting, I found a couple forum posts that indicated the .lic file is bad. Could that be the case here as well?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

Please follow the instructions specified over License Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint

Hi,

I have already followed these instructions and it doesn't work.

Thank you.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well, it seems that you are trying to use Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint license in your custom SharePoint application which uses Aspose.Pdf for .NET. This will not work because Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint license cannot work with Aspose.Pdf for .NET applications. You will need to get the license of Aspose.Pdf for .NET for your custom applications (including SharePoint solutions). Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint license can only be used with "Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint" package and cannot be used with other applications.

Please do let us know in case you need any further assistance.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hello,

Thank you for explaining that. I was curious if the two packages were different. Okay, so here is where I need some guidance. We have successfully deployed the SharePoint solution and it is deployed globally.

1. Do I have to write the code to set the license for the SharePoint license?
  2. When you say my custom SharePoint application uses Aspose.PDF for .NET. What are you referring to? The set license code?
  3. Is there a different class library for the Aspose.PDF for SharePoint?

Thank you.

I've followed the instructions for installing Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint and installing the license. That all seems to be working just fine. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish and where the confusion is. We are building an excel file using the Aspose.Cells class library, then we take that excel file and convert it to pdf using the Aspose.Pdf for .NET. (This has worked for us because we've been using an evalution version of Aspose.Pdf for .Net), once the file has been saved as PDF we store it in a SharePoint library.

Where the confusion occurs is I'm assuming that the Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint solution will do exactly the same, but it doesn't appear to be. Do we also need to purchase a license for Aspose.Pdf for .Net or will the Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint solution provide the same functionality through code?

Thank you.

amohrfeld:
I've followed the instructions for installing Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint and installing the license. That all seems to be working just fine. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish and where the confusion is. We are building an excel file using the Aspose.Cells class library, then we take that excel file and convert it to pdf using the Aspose.Pdf for .NET. (This has worked for us because we've been using an evalution version of Aspose.Pdf for .Net), once the file has been saved as PDF we store it in a SharePoint library.
Hi,

As per your requirement, I would suggest you to simply try using Aspose.Cells to convert Excel files directly to PDF as it directly supports the feature to render Excel worksheets into PDF format. In this case, you need to have Aspose.Cells for .NET license and initialize it during Excel to PDF conversion. You may also consider using Aspose.Cells for SharePoint and have the capability to render Excel files stored in document library to PDF format.

amohrfeld:
Where the confusion occurs is I'm assuming that the Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint solution will do exactly the same, but it doesn't appear to be. Do we also need to purchase a license for Aspose.Pdf for .Net or will the Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint solution provide the same functionality through code?

Aspose.Pdf for .NET is a component which supports the feature to create/manipulate PDF files in .NET based applications. You can also deploy such solution to sharepoint form so that you can get the PDF generation and manipulation feature. However Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint is a component which works with MS SharePoint services and it can be used to render existing item (wiki pages) into PDF format. Both of these products are separate and they have separate license.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I think the biggest problem was my confusion on how each product works. All will be normal once we purchase the Aspose.Pdf for .Net license.

Hi,

I also hope that your problem will be resolved once you have appropriate/correct licence for Aspose.Pdf for .NET. However please note that if you need to convert Excel files to PDF, I would still recommend you to please try using Aspose.Cells for .NET and it also have a separate license.

Hello, yes, we are using Aspose.Cells to save the file as PDF. We then use Aspose.PDF to add stamps to the page. My apologies, I’m taking over for someone else who developed this and I was confused about how it worked. I think I understand now. We are in the process of purchasing the Aspose.PDF for .Net license and that will fix my issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

In case you have any related query, please feel free to contact and I would be more than happy to assist you.