The node to be removed is not a child of this node. error (issue 18947)

Hi,

I am working on a solution whicih references your Aspose.Slides component, and I have been getting the error message "The node to be removed is not a child of this node." Having searched for this on Google it appears that this is a known issue, which was raised as a bug on 31st July 2010, reference id 18947.

Are you aware of a solution, and is it available for download?

thanks,

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hello Dear,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I regret to share with you that the mentioned issue 18947 has not yet been resolved. I have associated this thread with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

is there a recommended workaround? We have found that there are a number of objects within an existing powerpoint presentation, which, when present, seem to trigger this error. Is there a way of “cleansing” the document, so that we can create a document which will not trigger the error?

thanks,

Hello Dear,

It will be really helpful and appropriate, if you can please share the source presentation along with the code snippet for necessary investigation. Please also share some further details about the issue, you are facing. We really want to help you out and need your support in doing so.

Thanks and Regards,

Has issue # 18947 been resolved?

Hi Khushboo,

I like to share that the issue 18947 deals with ArgumentException being thrown while cloning presentation slides. The issue has been resolved. If you have any similar issue then please share the complete problem statement along with project code and source presentation for necessary investigation on our end.

Thanks and Regards,

I am still having this issue with version 4.3.0.0 of the slides dll.

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The node to be removed is not a child of this node.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The node to be removed is not a child of this node.

Source Error:

Line 738: if (template.Slides.Count > 1)
Line 739: {
Line 740: pptx.Slides.InsertClone(0, template.Slides[0]);
Line 741: // Populate first slide
Line 742: //SlideEx titleSld = template.Slides[0];

Source File: Project.cs Line: 740

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The node to be removed is not a child of this node.]
System.Xml.XmlNode.RemoveChild(XmlNode oldChild) +4099461
System.Xml.XmlNode.ReplaceChild(XmlNode newChild, XmlNode oldChild) +38
st.a(h6 A_0) +174
by.e() +201
h6.e() +174
h6.e() +174
h6.e() +174
h6.e() +174
rr.e() +174
Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.b(BaseSlideEx A_0) +304
Aspose.Slides.Pptx.SlidesEx.a(SlideEx A_0, LayoutSlideEx A_1) +288
Aspose.Slides.Pptx.SlidesEx.a(SlideEx A_0, MasterSlideEx A_1) +591
Aspose.Slides.Pptx.SlidesEx.a(SlideEx A_0) +1424
Aspose.Slides.Pptx.SlidesEx.InsertClone(Int32 index, SlideEx slide) +49

Hi Corey,

I would first like to suggest you using latest available version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.5.0 as the version that you are using is fairly old. The stack trace that you have shared shows that there is some issue while cloning slides. If the issue still persists by using mentioned latest product version then please share the source presentation and project code with us so that I may investigate the issue further.

Thanks and Regards,