The order of Legend Items is reversed on Activation

I am creating Stacked Bar charts and embeding them in the powerpoint slides.

My issues is that the order of the legend items is reversed on the bitmap. On activating thebitmap, the order gets corrected. Please see the attached file for reference.

I am using the following version of aspose -

Aspose.slides -3.1.1

Aspose.Cells - 4.8

I am attaching the sample. Please verify using this sample. And let me know if this can be resolved in any way.

There is one more issue in the same presentation. If the output presentation is opened in Powerpoint2007, then the legend resizes to a lesser size and not all the legend items are visible until the legend is manually resized. How can we handle this issue ?

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. We will further look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Actually, we find an issue with Chart.ToImage(), the legend entries are not rendered (in the output image) in order as placed in your template excel sheet. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

DO we have a solution for this?

Hi,

We will update you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi,

I am following up for Mahima during USA hours. Can you provide some indication if you think it will be possible to fix this issue? I understand it is currently being investigated. I am trying to plan a release deadline and I'm trying to understand if a solution might be days away vs months or not possible. Since the issue is with the image created, there's really no other workaround for us and we need to wait for a fix.

- Jeff

Hi,

I forgot to add. Mahima actually combined two issues in this one email. I don't have access to the original attachment she sent. However, there is also an issue with the legend resizing after activating the embedded object in PowerPoint 2007. I didn't see any response to that issue. Could you recreate it? Is that also under investigation? Any estimate?

- Jeff

Hi,

Please try the attached version,

We have solved the legend entries' order issue. We could not solve the issue regarding legend size is changed in PowerPoint 2007. We think it's caused by MS Excel 2007 and we could not understand why the font in MS Excel 2007 is changed.

Thank you.

The Legend Reversed issue is not resolved. I have posted the issue on a different thread.

<A href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/72300</A></P> <P>I am using Aspose.Cells - 4.8.0.12.</P> <P>Please let me know if it can be resolved.</P>

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. We will further look into it and get back to you soon. You issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id CELLSNET-11678.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Is this issue resolved?

Hi,

For the issue (Legend Reversed):

"

The Legend Reversed issue is not resolved. I have posted the issue on a different thread.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/72300

"

I have tested and it is fixed already with v4.8.2.1 (please try this version (attached)).

Following is my test code. I have extracted the excel chart from your ppt file and take the image of the chart sheet. You can confirm that the issue is resolved.

Here is my sample code:

Workbook book = new Workbook();
book.Open("e:\\test\\ppt2excellegend.xls");
ImageOrPrintOptions imp = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
imp.ImageFormat = System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Emf;

book.Worksheets[1].SheetToImage("e:\\test\\imageppt2excellegend.emf", imp);

Please try the attached version to check whether it fixes the legend's reverse items issue.

Thank you.

Attached is the sample solution to recreate the issue. I am using Aspose.Cells 4.8.2.1

There is another issue in this version of Aspose. The same chart if created in a workbook and saved, then Workbook.Save(filename) throws index out of bounds exception.

Hi,

Thanks for your project.

We have found the issue “The order of Legend Items is not fine or reversed”. We will figure it out.

And for “There is another issue in this version of Aspose. The same chart if created in a workbook and saved, then Workbook.Save(filename) throws index out of bounds exception.”, please show us the sample project. We will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version/fix, we have fixed the bug for the order of legend items.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11678) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)