The right tool to use for a duplex nametag print with graphics

I need to be able to print from my server a sheet of nametags. There will be six tags on a sheet of 8.5x11 paper. The print will be duplexed, so a name and graphic on the front, and a barcode on the back. The name will need to be floating on top of a rich graphic background. My first assumption is that I would use Words to create a word document, put in a six cell table, then populate the cells with a background graphic and a name. Then create a second page with a six cell table and in each cell put a barcode. Then duplex print the two pages such that each nametag has the barcode printed on the back.

Which tool is best suited for this scenario? Words? Pdf? Slides?

If I could get a push in the right direction from someone who knows the product line well, it could save me a lot of headache.

Thanks!

Jason

jason-3:
I need to be able to print from my server a sheet of nametags. There will be six tags on a sheet of 8.5x11 paper. The print will be duplexed, so a name and graphic on the front, and a barcode on the back. The name will need to be floating on top of a rich graphic background.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I would like to answer from Aspose.Pdf perspective. This component provides the capability to create as well as manipulate existing PDF files. Using this component, you can create a PDF document containing text, images and other graphic objects.

jason-3:
My first assumption is that I would use Words to create a word document, put in a six cell table, then populate the cells with a background graphic and a name. Then create a second page with a six cell table and in each cell put a barcode. Then duplex print the two pages such that each nametag has the barcode printed on the back.

You can fulfill the above stated requirement using Aspose.Pdf for .NET where you can create a PDF document with two pages. On first page, you can create a table with desired number of Rows & Columns, put the text and background graphic inside the table cells and on the other page, create a table with similar dimensions and place Barcode images inside them. When printing the document, objects of two pages will be placed back to back. For further information, please visit

In case I have not properly understood your requirements or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can achieve your requirements by using Aspose.Words. You can create tables, insert images and print MS Word documents by using Aspose.Words. Please read following documentation links for your kind reference.

You can print the MS Word document by using Document.Print( PrinterSettings printerSettings ). This method prints the document according to the specified printer settings, using the standard (no User Interface) print controller. Please download the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET from here and let us know how does it go on your side. Please try run the following simplified code for testing:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.doc");
PrinterSettings ps = new PrinterSettings();
ps.PrinterName = "your printer name";
ps.Duplex = Duplex.Vertical;
doc.Print(ps, "documentName");

Hope this helps you. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Jason,

I would like to address you regarding our Aspose.BarCode product.

Aspose.BarCode allows developers to quickly and easily add bar code generation / recognition functionality to their applications. You can repeat bar code generation / recognition process. Based on your query, you can easily generate bar code images because it has the ability to export bar code to multiple image formats including: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF etc. You can then put these images to Word, Pdf or Presentation documents by using Aspose.Words, Aspose.Pdf or Aspose.Slides components respectively.

I hope it helps. Please do let me know in case of further assistance or questions.