The shadow of a shape is not shown correctly in the result of SVG conversion

Hi Aspose team

We are working on Visio file’s conversion to SVG format.
We found that there are some shadows of shapes are not rendered correctly.

And here is our code for conversion test:

Diagram d = new Diagram(“custom/input/visio/pusheen3.vsd”);
SVGSaveOptions saveOp = new SVGSaveOptions();

for (int i = 0; i < d.getPages().getCount(); i++) {
System.out.println(d.getPages().get(i).getName());
saveOp.setPageIndex(i);
d.save(new FileOutputStream(“custom/output/visio/pusheen3.” + (i + 1)
+ “.svg”), saveOp);
}

I have uploaded comparison images, the Visio file, and the conversion result.
This problem can be observed in page #1 and #9
Please check the attachment and help us to find if there is any option or method to fix this.
Thanks for your help.

Best,
Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for contacting support. We managed to replicate the problem of incorrect rendering shadows of various shapes. We have logged this issue under ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50373 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50373 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.1.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50373, please download and use the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 16.12.1.0. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50373) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Imran.Rafique

I tried Diagram 17.1.0, almost every shadows of shape can be rendered correctly in the result except one in page #9

The position of this shadow seems to be upside-down in the result.

Still, Thanks for fixing this issue :slight_smile:

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for posting the details. We managed to replicate the problem of incorrect position of the shape’s shadow. It has been logged under ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50459 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50459 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.3.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50459) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.