Themes and Color Themes

Hi,

How do I apply a particular theme and/or a color theme to the entire presentation in 2007.

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

You can apply a particular theme to your presentation. There are two ways to implement this. You may either use a template presentation containing the desired theme or use that for your desired operations on slide. Other way would be to clone the desired master slides with particular theme from source presentation and add that in target presentation. Then apply the cloned master slides on slides inside target presentation. Please visit this documentation link and look for heading, "In Another PPTX Presentation with Master Slide from Source Presentation at the End of the Existing Slides ". Please share with us, if you still feel any issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If my current presentation has 10 different themes contained in it and 8 different colours themes. What code would I need to apply theme 6 and then colour theme 5 (for example)?

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

Please visit this thread link for the code snippet and template presentations to see how to apply new master to presentation slides. As mentioned earlier, you may need to change the master of every single slide in target presentation. Please share, if you still feel any issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi, I’'m not really sure I understand that answer.

I have several themes and colour themes in my presentation. I want to automate in 2007:

1. Going to the design tab and clicking on the various designs that are displayed
2. Going to the Colors dropdown and selecting various custom colour themes.

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

I got the point you are referring to. Actually, you mean to say that the PowerPoint have drop down menu for color schemes and design. These properties are native to PowerPoint and in fact not presentation it self. The presentation only holds what is applied on it in the end. This is some thing that is on GUI end of PowerPoint only and not inside presentation it self. The presentation will hold only those masters with different color schemes, that you will apply on it and that will be read by Aspose.Slides. If you need multiple themes inside your presentation then you need to have multiple slide masters with each having a specific theme. Hope it answers the query.

Thanks and Regards,

Ah thanks, I see what you mean.

So what about in 2003? The color schemes are embedded with the presentation aren’t they? How do you switch between color schemes in 2003?

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

The same principle holds true for PPT as well. You can use the presentation with multiple masters or can clone the desired master from template presentation to target presentation. You may also set the custom background colors to slide as well. Please visit the documentation link 1 and link 2 for your further reference.

Thanks and Regards,

I understand with 2007 that the colour schemes are held in the powerpoint application itself and so aren’t available to the aspose library, but aren’t the color schemes held within the files for 2003?

There’s no way of accessing the schemes shown in the attached screenshot?

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

As I shared with you earlier that the schemes that you observe in PowerPoint it self are not actually stored in presentation structure. The color schemes belonging to master slides if are applied in presentation, only then they are stored in presentation structure and are accessible using Aspose.Slides. The image that you have shared is actually in PowerPoint options of GUI for user and in fact not present in presentation it self. Secondly, there is no way to access these options as they are PowerPoint propriety. The work around would be using template presentation or presentations having these color schemes applied on them and you use them for your purpose afterwards. Hope it answer your question.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for you answer. Just so I understand a little better. I understand that colour themes in 2007 are outside the presentation and only available in the application, but is this definitely right for 2003?

When I flick between a blank presentation and the one that has the colour schemes I showed before it shows different schemes. The blank presentation has the following schemes (attached). Which suggests they are specific to the presentation and not to powerpoint itself.

Taking a look here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/about-color-schemes-HP005194533.aspx

“A presentation’s color scheme is determined by the design template that’s applied…The design template includes a default color scheme plus additional
schemes you can choose from, all designed for that template. The default
or “blank” presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint also contains color
schemes.”

I appreciate your help.
Dan

Dear Dan,

I like to share that what you have inquired about the color themes as shared in the image of the last post is not actually part of presentation data structure. Again, it is only the front end GUI option provided by MS PowerPoint to apply the certain predefined color schemes to the master slides. Again, if some color scheme is applied on one or more masters of the presentations only then it is accessible, otherwise wise there is no way to access that as it is not in domain of Aspose.Slides. I have shared the template presentation in which I have generated 3 masters and applied the three different color schemes using PowerPoint 2003 as shared by you. Since, these color schemes are applied on master slides of presentation, you can choose any master for any of your slides to apply respective color theme on that. I have also shared the image for your clarification. Hope it will further elaborate the concept.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

Thanks again for your on going help.

What I don’t understand is that when I save my presentation in 2003 with custom color schemes, they seem to travel with the presentation itself. I can move the presentation to another PC and see the schemes when I open it. I’ve attached a test presentation, can you see my 5 color schemes, one with a bright pink in it?

Also when you open the presentation in 2007 the color schemes appear under “This Presentation”.

This article talks about how to add schemes directly to a presentation:

http://www.echosvoice.com/2007/addcolorstotheme.htm

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

I have observed the presentation shared and also studied the link as well. For further information and help an issue with ID 29608 has been created in our issue tracking system. This thread has also been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified, once the feedback is shared by them.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi, is there any update on this issue, thanks Dan

Hi Dan,

The issue has been scheduled for investigation by our development team during week 38 of 2011. We will be able share the further information with you once it is shared by our development team.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-29608) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)