This Excel files contains BIFF7(Excel95 or earlier file format) records

Hi. I understand this error is expected on older format Excel workbooks. Since I am only interested in identifying embedded OLE objects in a workbook, can anyone tell me if workbooks in the BIFF7 format even support embedding OLE objects?

Thanks!

No. We don’t support to work with BIFF7 format.

Thanks. I know ASPOSE does not support that format, but can you tell me if EXCEL supports embedded OLE objects in workbooks with that format? I apologize for straying off topic, but this will help me decide if I need to come up with another solution.

Thanks again.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, I think you may try to convert those templates to BIFF8 or greater format (Excel97 - Excel2007). The procedure is very simple one.

• Open the template into MS Excel 2003 or other version.
  • Click File|Save As.. to save the workbook as "Microsoft Office Excel Workbook"

Thank you.

Hi,

We do not care about which format in embedded OLE Objects. We only think it as memory stream. So Aspose.Cells can support your need.

Thanks Warren. Is there a way I can access the OLE objects in a workbook that contains BIFF7 records with Aspose?

Hi,

Please see following codes to get the ole objects.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.Open(@"F:\FileTemp\source.xls");

Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

// Gets the binary data.
byte[] oleData = sheet.OleObjects[0].ObjectData;

Please check the wiki:

http://www.aspose.com/Wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Cells/OtherDrawingObjects.html#OleObject.

@RogerHarvest,

We recommend you to kindly try upgrading to and use latest version of the product which includes support for older BIFF7 (Excel 95/5.0 - 2003 Workbook) formats with enhancements now:

Also, see the document for supported input and output file formats by Aspose.Cells: